[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Addressing individuals

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Apr 19 18:45:50 UTC 2013

> > Frankly this drama has demotivated
> > me from actually stepping foot in
> > Noisebridge,
> Glen Jarvis wrote:

> I completely understand and empathize. For what it's worth, surprisingly,
> it's not like this in the space. The list had always been chucked full of
> drama (all the way back to the "mercury" days). I've been totally
> disheartened and showed up in the space and was amazed at how different
> things are in person.
> With that said, there is something that was once there. I remember being
> so overjoyed being in the space on Monday nights in the era right after
> expansion to the newer space. How fun it was then. But still, it's still
> worth going now

Glen recants:
I'm sorry. I may have been mistaken above. I stopped by the space because
it's been a while. I was wrong with what I wrote above.

In the past, things like this stayed on the list only and the space was all
about building something, learning, sharing and having fun. But, I do see
quite a bit of bleed over now -- especially with one or two individuals.
I'm a bit sad. My apologies for misleading you above. I still believe,
however, that it's not like this all the time though and that it's still
worth going to.

Kindest Regards,

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,
unearth it, and gnaw it still."

--Henry David Thoreau