[Noisebridge-discuss] How run ones personal mail server through MetroPCS service? - Fwd: [BerkTIPGlobal]
john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Aug 1 17:51:50 UTC 2013
How run ones personal mail server through MetroPCS service?
Contents: 1) Scenario 2) Configuration 3) Links
4) Your helpful thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
=== 1) SCENARIO:
1) Metropcs 4g LTE high speed unlimited data service $60/ month.
2) Android phone such as LG MS840, Android 2.3.6,
Kernel 184.108.40.206-perf lge at android-build #1,
Build # GRK39F, SW version MS840ZVA, HW version Rev 1.0,
or 2b) Samsung Galaxy S III or Galaxy S 4.
Perhaps running Replicant
2.1) "WiFi Tether" ap.
3) Lenovo android tablet, Android ver 3.2.1, kernel 220.127.116.11,
(Or perhaps using a more recent android version, etc.)
connecting through wifi or usb to Android phone to Metropcs to
4) Laptop computer running KUbunu 12.04 LTS.
5) Any other hw/sw necessary or preferable.
=== 2) CONFIGURATION, I'm guessing:
1) Need a system with an IP address on the internet to act as a router
1b) for _other_ peoples' / entities' transmitting mail servers to
connect to when sending mail to me,
1c) to enable my email server (on my side of the phone) to rx/tx data,
1d) through https through a presumed Metropcs firewall.
2) Mail server sw running on the tablet or laptop,
2b) because the phone must be presumed to be a hostile man in the middle
3) I must transmit with every email message my mail servers' public pgp
What are my mail server sw options?
=== 3) LINKS:
=== 4) Your helpful thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Your helpful thoughts and suggestions?
Helpful posts might be forwarded to & found on the BerkTIPGlobal list.
--- Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list - http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss