[Noisebridge-discuss] Member shelves
asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 23:27:37 UTC 2013
I think even if NB didn't have an open door policy, we would still very
much need locks. :)
This would be a good project for someone to take on:
1) Go through the member shelves and find everyone's name from the label.
2) Figure out their contact info from the mailing list or Google.
3) Contact them and ask if they a) still need their shelf and b) if they
need the full shelf or are willing to divide it in half.
4) Set a date a month or so in the future for people to clear out their
stuff from shelves, including unmarked shelves.
5) Make a good faith attempt to find the owners of things, but for
everything else, chuck it or put it in the hack shelves, or set it to the
6) Label all the member shelves in a consistent way, including with an
address system, find people who want shelves and let them claim one.
Anyone want to bell this cat? Having usable member shelves would be nice.
General reminder: deadline for getting stuff off the floor of the member
shelves is January 5th, in a couple weeks.
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/2013 1:50:09 PM, "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
> a lot of the shelves I think have been plain forgotten about.
> I have found old threads on Discuss about purging the member shelves. The
> nb cycle of binge-purge-binge-purge is not healthy. A process COULD be
> setup to ensure people don't abandon their stuff.
> This was one of the things my locker proposal tried to solve: making
> sure that the space had storage resources that were available, offered a
> degree of security, and explicitly maintained by a person rather than a
> group diffusion of responsibility.
> Thanks for that, Al. If NB did *not *have an open door policy, i think
> that would reduce the need for locks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss