[Noisebridge-discuss] To the @#$er that broke into my member shelf...

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:28:13 UTC 2013

On 3/21/13, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
> I dunno about "B players", but I do agree that perhaps the reason that
> Noisebridge has started to feel unwieldy is that it's become a go-to
> for way too many purposes.
Which purposes are no good?

I;ve read a few issues of cleanliness and respect recently.

> I'd be very into both discussing the "purpose" of Noisebridge and
> seeing whether there's a sense of clarity to be reached there,
> especially in terms of still fulfilling the values of radical
> inclusiveness, diversity, and openness.

About Noisebridge

Learning, teaching, community, hacking, building things ∈ {example set}.

Whoever actually knows NB can finish it, post on this list (prefer a
new thread but refer to this thread) "RFC: About Noisebridge". It
could be added to the Wiki, or sign could be made out of it, adding
any inspiring artistic ideas (ponies, glitter, NB logo, Buakaw, etc).

Good idea?

> One question I'd like to explore is whether NB should "think of
> itself" as a community, or as a space.
> That discussion may seem purely pedantic, but it comes with cultural
> consequences.

Rule: Don't steal.

I really don't think it should be something members have to debate
about if stealing acceptable behavior.

> We are already fighting an ongoing cultural battle at NB over two
> different concepts of property (private vs collectivist).
Taking another's possession without his consent is stealing.

Stealing is not OK.
Twitter: @xkit