[Noisebridge-discuss] I believe this means that my friend could use some help with data retrieval :)

Robert Benson sf99er at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 21:25:58 UTC 2013

could be a bad usb cord or power adapter to the external harddrive or wrong
harddrive format (was the drive used on a mac or linux & now plugged into
windows). assuming you are using windows, does it show up in Device
Manager?  http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

if you want to go ahead with recovery, here are some options

i prefer test disk, but the interface takes some getting used to (it's a
slow process, btw)

good luck!