[Noisebridge-discuss] Doracacy

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:36:26 UTC 2014

On 1/8/2014 6:22:59 PM, "Hannah Grimm" <dharlette at gmail.com> wrote:
>Covering the walls in glue and throwing glitter at them would be not

Says who? People have done art on nb walls forever, and it makes the
space look cool. But if you mean ALL the walls, i agree.

>Buying us a set of rad lockers with your own money, however, is pretty

Al's enthusiasm and energy to improve NB is excellent.  Thank you, Al.

But, I believe in the long-term, people going off and spending hundreds
of dollars, and then asking to get paid back, is not a sustainable
fiscal algorythm, were we to apply it to everything. I feel the
potential drawbacks to lockers were not adequately discussed beforehand,
and undoing it might not be as easy as we think.

I suggest that consistent, transparent processes for expenditures is a
lot healthier for our bank account. But not by Consensus: purchases
should be decided by working groups (ie the woodshop group). Eg., the
community gives a $50/month budget to woodshop, and then the woodshop
group decides how to spend it. That would sure be awesome.

tools: nobody should have to ask people for donations to buy tools --
Noisebridge should provide tools from donations it receives.)

I sure hope the idea of consistent processes catches on.