[Noisebridge-discuss] why is sleeping at noisebridge a problem?

Charles Tang cjtang1 at asu.edu
Fri Mar 7 02:10:06 UTC 2014


Fine,

I'll take a break.


On 6 March 2014 18:09, Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> wrote:

> So you are not taking a break?
>
>
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
>
>> This is a disagreement for the very reason that you say so. You are not
>> the arbiter of "community boundaries," Jake. Regardless of whatever you
>> have "done" for the space.
>>
>> And people aren't dismissing, because you are a jerk. You don't know me
>> and you don't know where I have come from, even if there was a root on my
>> computer.
>>
>> Lets just use the same tactics as the NSA at noisebridge.
>>
>> Lets diminish him, lets make him question his reality, lets do (x) and
>> make an infinite loop that he cannot break.
>>
>> "If your strategy in life is to send dozens of ranting emails that are
>> too long to read, and behave the same way in person, then yes you will have
>> trouble finding a non-menial job because nobody will want to be around you
>> if they can avoid it."
>>
>> And yes, this is my only strategy in life Jake, what a wonderful
>> reduction of who and what I am. You do seem to like to reduce things, such
>> as, a single medical journal, who "crazy" people are, who is capable of
>> becoming "educated," who, who who.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 6 March 2014 18:00, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
>>
>>> if your strategy in life is to send dozens of ranting emails that are
>>> too long to read, and behave the same way in person, then yes you will have
>>> trouble finding a non-menial job because nobody will want to be around you
>>> if they can avoid it.
>>>
>>> This is a mailing list but you are making yourself quite unwelcome
>>> rather convincing people of anything other than "Charles is on a bender"
>>>
>>> Since it seems that you're asking me a question, i'll answer with this:
>>>
>>> if you have to struggle to keep your mind focused and talk about things
>>> at a reasonable and appropriate rate, then do it.  If you refuse to take
>>> responsibility for acting within the boundaries of a community, don't
>>> complain when people dismiss you as unreasonable and irresponsible.
>>>
>>>
>>> -jake
>>>
>>> On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, Charles Tang wrote:
>>>
>>>  And you have no clue: what does a struggle constitute? where does one
>>>> serve your pedagogical framework? Who are worthy of becoming educated and
>>>> who are worthy of touching
>>>> electronics.
>>>> I guess that the vast majority of us "schizophrenics" have to just sit
>>>> there, work menial jobs, only to retire on disability, in a shitty
>>>> apartment in a functional exclusion
>>>> zone in the tenderloin. For it's your world that constructs what any of
>>>> us are capable of. It's your world that has functionally created the only
>>>> viable reality one may live
>>>> in.
>>>>
>>>> All alternatives are foreclosed.
>>>>
>>>> And you will pin your mistakes on this one individual.
>>>>
>>>> And actually make him live in a conspiracy.
>>>>
>>>> When he was just a regular person to begin with.
>>>>
>>>> If everyone were "schizophrenic" and you were the only "normal," then
>>>> you'd be the only one to be labeled. We'd call you the "normal," construct
>>>> discourse around that word as
>>>> problematic, and force you to work menial jobs for the rest of
>>>> eternity, because you wouldn't be schizophrenic, or just in general
>>>> paranoid.
>>>>
>>>> Even if you were capable of something extraordinary.
>>>>
>>>> We'll push you down.
>>>>
>>>> We'll make impossible advancement.
>>>>
>>>> Because it's your bosses job to put up road blocks.
>>>>
>>>> We'd fuck with you too. We'd assert your normal reality, make you over
>>>> identify with your symptomology, and reduce the capital behind your way of
>>>> knowing to 0. Your epistemology
>>>> will be constantly dismissed, as your very being, actions and context
>>>> would be rendered vacuous in the vacuum of your identity. All of us
>>>> "schizophrenics" would become the
>>>> judge, jury and trial. We'll wait for you to click an ad or watch a
>>>> video online, anything a "normal" would watch. I think a list of
>>>> non-comprehensive examples would be the
>>>> following:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Stock-photography of cats.
>>>> 2. "regular" porn, only heterosexual missionary style.
>>>> 3. All mainstream media.
>>>> 4. Start-up news
>>>> 5. More start-up news.
>>>> 6. Look at more start-up news.
>>>> 7. Read emails form your boss at whatever time they choose to send it
>>>> to you.
>>>> 8. Work on a hobby, because you aren't allowed to do what you are
>>>> really interested because of the psychic control that capital produced.
>>>> 9. Join a group that asserts it's authority over anyone not "normal."
>>>> It would be hard, considering you'd be the only normal person. But, I think
>>>> meetup.com would be a good
>>>> place.
>>>> 10. Reject all conspiracy theories and other non-linear patters of
>>>> thought as "schizophrenic" or "paranoid."
>>>>
>>>> The problem here is I've accepted it now, the world is just what it is.
>>>> Moreover, I will likely end up retiring on disability, right? After working
>>>> a menial job at a coffee
>>>> shop.
>>>>
>>>> No Al, I won't be taking a break.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 6 March 2014 17:31, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
>>>>       Your ideology is what causes people to be strapped to beds for
>>>> weeks, filled up with drugs they don't consent to.
>>>> Just because they don't all exist on your margins of normalcy doesn't
>>>> give you the right to stigmatize, become a doctor over night and tell those
>>>> who tried that they are
>>>> unworthy for whatever reason.
>>>>
>>>> The mafia is in town.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 6 March 2014 17:22, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
>>>>       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7WM6XFkxWw
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 6 March 2014 17:14, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
>>>>       Hannah wrote:
>>>>             Jake: Try to avoid using ablist language like "crazy" in
>>>> the future or
>>>>             using "schizophrenic" as a catch-all term for undesirable.
>>>>  Not Cool.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hannah i think you are too quick to judge and too slow to read.  I
>>>> cited an article about a link between lack of sleep and the causes of
>>>> schizophrenia, which
>>>> is an actual illness despite your euphemisms like "neurotypical".
>>>>
>>>> Mental illness is not imaginary, or simply a lack of political
>>>> correctness.  People who hurt themselves (or others) because their mind is
>>>> playing cruel tricks
>>>> on them are not doing it because people are judging them for being
>>>> different, but because (in some cases) their brain is not getting enough
>>>> autophagy.  This
>>>> may be because of the way they were born, or it may simply be because
>>>> they are not sleeping enough.
>>>>
>>>> If you don't understand the meaning of the term "acting crazy" i
>>>> suggest you visit a mental hospital for a while and tell me the term has no
>>>> meaning.  You're
>>>> the ablist here.
>>>>
>>>> -jake
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
>>>> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
>>>> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
>> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Ronald Cotoni
> Systems Engineer
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/attachments/20140306/3a87b8c3/attachment.html>


More information about the Noisebridge-discuss mailing list