[Noisebridge-discuss] Git class coming to Noisebridge Sunday!

Kevin Schiesser bfb at riseup.net
Sat Mar 22 07:48:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Git is a distributed version control system. People use VCS for all
sorts of projects... writing software, policy, poetry, etc.. Good stuff.

I'll be hosting a workshop at the collaboration station this Sunday from

Come down and learn git basics... I'll cover installing git, cloning,
adding, committing and branching. We will do lots of hands on stuff,
eventually sending a pull request to the repository of your choice.
Bring a laptop if you have one to follow along.

Github has some nice guides and documentation on Git. Additionally, the
manual pages are well written. Do a little reading if you want to get a
head start.