[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser cutter repair bounty
h.zeller at acm.org
Sat Jul 11 21:41:42 UTC 2015
I'd rather you guys organize some time where everyone who wants to help has
time (get creative, there are some online find-free-time-slots-for-a-couple
of people online. @rubin was using one of these recently).
Money won't get things done, chip in an hour of your work. _That_ would
help more getting this done.
I am happy to help, but being alone working on that will take weeks of time
here and there.
What needs to be done, and with a few people, that would be doable in an
- check if we have the water pump and air pump in working condition. If
not, get new ones.
- Get a bucket of 5 Gallons of distilled water.
- Connect the laser tube to the high voltage power supply (as far as I
know, the new tube is already in the cutter)000
- calibrate things, mirrors and stuff.
- make a free space in the corner of Noisebridge next to the windows,
now full of DJ gear.
- Find a table to put it on permanently.
- Prepare an outlet in the window where we can connect the blower pipe.
- Get the software installed somewhere (I think Jarrod has a license key
somewhere and we need a windows machine).
On 11 July 2015 at 14:31, jarrod hicks <hicksu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I too will match that.
> On Jul 11, 2015 12:32 PM, "James Sundquist" <sundquistjames at gmail.com>
>> I will give $20 to anyone who has the laser cutter restored and
>> calibrated at nb.
>> Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com <http://d.getboxer.com/1dmRL48>
>> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
>> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noisebridge-discuss