[Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?

robb sf99er at gmail.com
Sat May 28 06:55:11 UTC 2016


no, Mitch, not to my knowledge.
if we come across any pics, i will let you know

you might know him by his angry outbursts while he hacks

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi robb,
>
> If this guy was banned from Sudo Room for safe space reasons, then he is
> automatically also banned from Noisebridge.
>
> Do you know if there is a photo of Mad Hacker Rich the Lockpicker?  If so,
> could you either send a link, or email me the photo(s)?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitch.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: sf99er at gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:46:31 -0700
> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
>
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
>
> apologies for doubleposting but i belatedly remembered that sudoroom
> recently asked mad hacker rich the lockpicker to leave allegedly for
> sleeping & safespace issues.
>
> has rich ever been a problem @nb?
>
> he generally just comes to sudoroom to hack on something and then leaves
> but i know patterns do change
>
> thx
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:00 AM, <
> noisebridge-discuss-request at lists.noisebridge.net> wrote:
>
> Send Noisebridge-discuss mailing list submissions to
>         noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         noisebridge-discuss-request at lists.noisebridge.net
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         noisebridge-discuss-owner at lists.noisebridge.net
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Noisebridge-discuss digest..."
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: What happened? (Casey Callendrello)
>    2. Re: What happened? (Marc Juul)
>    3. Re: What happened? (Victoria Fierce)
>    4. Re: What happened? (Andrey Fedorov)
>    5. Re: What happened? (Tobias Merkle)
>    6. Intro to Crypto course (Andrey Fedorov)
>    7. Re: Intro to Crypto course (asciimo at gmail.com)
>    8. Re: What happened? (Rachel McConnell)
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Cc:
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:29:21 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
> On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> >
> > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
>
> This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing exactly
> this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around when
> they got back in.
>
> "Nothing to see here, folks, move along..."
>
> --Casey
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>
> To: Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 05:45:09 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
>
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net> wrote:
>
> On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> >
> > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
>
> This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing exactly
> this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around when
> they got back in.
>
>
> Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86 wiki
> page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason? If it
> was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room ban
> list.
>
> --
> marc/juul
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
> To: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 07:50:46 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
> Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.
>
> ...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered
> banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.
>
> On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> > > >
> > > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
> > >
> > > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
> > >
> > > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing
> > > exactly
> > > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around
> > > when
> > > they got back in.
> > >
> > >
> > Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86
> > wiki
> > page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?
> > If it
> > was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room
> > ban
> > list.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
> To: Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
> Cc: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, NoiseBridge Discuss <
> noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:58:06 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
> A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
>
> A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and
> negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome
> to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice
> to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
>
> The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he
> could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net
> > wrote:
>
> Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.
>
> ...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered
> banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.
>
> On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> > > >
> > > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
> > >
> > > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
> > >
> > > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing
> > > exactly
> > > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around
> > > when
> > > they got back in.
> > >
> > >
> > Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86
> > wiki
> > page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?
> > If it
> > was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room
> > ban
> > list.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com>
> To: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
> Cc: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, NoiseBridge Discuss <
> noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:34:31 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
> I volunteer to hug Shades.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
>
> A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
>
> A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and
> negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome
> to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice
> to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
>
> The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he
> could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net
> > wrote:
>
> Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.
>
> ...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered
> banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.
>
> On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> > > >
> > > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
> > >
> > > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
> > >
> > > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing
> > > exactly
> > > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around
> > > when
> > > they got back in.
> > >
> > >
> > Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86
> > wiki
> > page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?
> > If it
> > was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room
> > ban
> > list.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
> To: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Cc:
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:42:15 -0700
> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Intro to Crypto course
> Howdy folks,
>
> I'm looking to re-take Dan Boneh's Introductory Cryptography Course
> <https://www.coursera.org/learn/crypto> and create a class / study group
> for reviewing the material in a slightly less technical format and with
> practical examples for real world cryptosystems.
>
> Still deciding on a weekly time and am curious to gauge interest to figure
> out how big of a space we'll need. This would be a two month commitment for
> those involved, and would teach you how to speak practically about basic
> cryptography and understand simple cryptosystems (e.g. Bitcoin, Tor,
> various encrypted communication systems).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrey
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: <asciimo at gmail.com>
> To: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
> Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:37:05 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Intro to Crypto course
> This is a great idea, and I would participate. I started that course in
> the past but I dropped out. I would appreciate the accountability and
> support of a study group.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy folks,
>
> I'm looking to re-take Dan Boneh's Introductory Cryptography Course
> <https://www.coursera.org/learn/crypto> and create a class / study group
> for reviewing the material in a slightly less technical format and with
> practical examples for real world cryptosystems.
>
> Still deciding on a weekly time and am curious to gauge interest to figure
> out how big of a space we'll need. This would be a two month commitment for
> those involved, and would teach you how to speak practically about basic
> cryptography and understand simple cryptosystems (e.g. Bitcoin, Tor,
> various encrypted communication systems).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrey
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>
> To: Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com>
> Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>, Marc
> Juul <juul at labitat.dk>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 12:23:54 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
> In the interest of cross-hackerspace openness, I will say that about a
> year ago I banned a person from Ace Monster Toys' meat space, who often
> used the online handle shades.  I don't think he was likely to have been
> physically dangerous, but he was disruptive in this similar kind of way,
> and did other things against Ace's policies despite repeated warnings. May
> or may not be the person in this chat log.
>
> Best,
> Rachel1.0
>
> On May 25, 2016, at 9:34 AM, Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I volunteer to hug Shades.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
>
> A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
>
> A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and
> negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome
> to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice
> to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
>
> The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he
> could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net
> > wrote:
>
> Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.
>
> ...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered
> banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.
>
> On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:
> > > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:
> > > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe
> > > >
> > > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social
> > > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
> > >
> > > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)
> > >
> > > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing
> > > exactly
> > > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around
> > > when
> > > they got back in.
> > >
> > >
> > Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86
> > wiki
> > page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?
> > If it
> > was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room
> > ban
> > list.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ Noisebridge-discuss
> mailing list Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/attachments/20160527/99de49f0/attachment.html>


More information about the Noisebridge-discuss mailing list