[Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 19:30:08 UTC 2016


Thanks for sending a photo if you can find one.


From: sf99er at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 23:55:11 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
To: maltman23 at hotmail.com
CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

no, Mitch, not to my knowledge.
if we come across any pics, i will let you know

you might know him by his angry outbursts while he hacks 

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:



Hi robb, 

If this guy was banned from Sudo Room for safe space reasons, then he is automatically also banned from Noisebridge. 

Do you know if there is a photo of Mad Hacker Rich the Lockpicker?  If so, could you either send a link, or email me the photo(s)? 

Thanks, 
Mitch. 

From: sf99er at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:46:31 -0700
To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?

apologies for doubleposting but i belatedly remembered that sudoroom recently asked mad hacker rich the lockpicker to leave allegedly for sleeping & safespace issues.

has rich ever been a problem @nb?

he generally just comes to sudoroom to hack on something and then leaves but i know patterns do change

thx

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:00 AM,  <noisebridge-discuss-request at lists.noisebridge.net> wrote:
Send Noisebridge-discuss mailing list submissions to

        noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net



To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

        https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

        noisebridge-discuss-request at lists.noisebridge.net



You can reach the person managing the list at

        noisebridge-discuss-owner at lists.noisebridge.net



When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific

than "Re: Contents of Noisebridge-discuss digest..."


Today's Topics:



   1. Re: What happened? (Casey Callendrello)

   2. Re: What happened? (Marc Juul)

   3. Re: What happened? (Victoria Fierce)

   4. Re: What happened? (Andrey Fedorov)

   5. Re: What happened? (Tobias Merkle)

   6. Intro to Crypto course (Andrey Fedorov)

   7. Re: Intro to Crypto course (asciimo at gmail.com)

   8. Re: What happened? (Rachel McConnell)



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Cc: 
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:29:21 +0200
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

>

> What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss



(resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)



This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing exactly

this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around when

they got back in.



"Nothing to see here, folks, move along..."



--Casey







---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>
To: Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 05:45:09 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?


On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net> wrote:
On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

>

> What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss



(resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)



This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing exactly

this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around when

they got back in.



Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86 wiki page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason? If it was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room ban list.

-- 
marc/juul



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
To: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>
Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 07:50:46 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.



...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered

banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.



On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>

> wrote:

>

> > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

> > >

> > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> > > _______________________________________________

> > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

> >

> > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)

> >

> > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing

> > exactly

> > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around

> > when

> > they got back in.

> >

> >

> Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86

> wiki

> page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?

> If it

> was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room

> ban

> list.

>

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
To: Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
Cc: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:58:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> wrote:
Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.



...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered

banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.



On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>

> wrote:

>

> > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

> > >

> > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> > > _______________________________________________

> > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

> >

> > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)

> >

> > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing

> > exactly

> > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around

> > when

> > they got back in.

> >

> >

> Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86

> wiki

> page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?

> If it

> was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room

> ban

> list.

>

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss






---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com>
To: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
Cc: Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>, NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:34:31 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
I volunteer to hug Shades.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> wrote:
Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.



...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered

banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.



On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>

> wrote:

>

> > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

> > >

> > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> > > _______________________________________________

> > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

> >

> > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)

> >

> > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing

> > exactly

> > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around

> > when

> > they got back in.

> >

> >

> Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86

> wiki

> page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?

> If it

> was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room

> ban

> list.

>

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss





_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss






---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
To: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Cc: 
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:42:15 -0700
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Intro to Crypto course
Howdy folks,
I'm looking to re-take Dan Boneh's Introductory Cryptography Course and create a class / study group for reviewing the material in a slightly less technical format and with practical examples for real world cryptosystems.
Still deciding on a weekly time and am curious to gauge interest to figure out how big of a space we'll need. This would be a two month commitment for those involved, and would teach you how to speak practically about basic cryptography and understand simple cryptosystems (e.g. Bitcoin, Tor, various encrypted communication systems).
Thoughts?
Cheers,Andrey


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <asciimo at gmail.com>
To: Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com>
Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:37:05 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Intro to Crypto course
This is a great idea, and I would participate. I started that course in the past but I dropped out. I would appreciate the accountability and support of a study group.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
Howdy folks,
I'm looking to re-take Dan Boneh's Introductory Cryptography Course and create a class / study group for reviewing the material in a slightly less technical format and with practical examples for real world cryptosystems.
Still deciding on a weekly time and am curious to gauge interest to figure out how big of a space we'll need. This would be a two month commitment for those involved, and would teach you how to speak practically about basic cryptography and understand simple cryptosystems (e.g. Bitcoin, Tor, various encrypted communication systems).
Thoughts?
Cheers,Andrey

_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss






---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>
To: Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com>
Cc: NoiseBridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 12:23:54 -0700
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What happened?
In the interest of cross-hackerspace openness, I will say that about a year ago I banned a person from Ace Monster Toys' meat space, who often used the online handle shades.  I don't think he was likely to have been physically dangerous, but he was disruptive in this similar kind of way, and did other things against Ace's policies despite repeated warnings. May or may not be the person in this chat log.

Best,Rachel1.0
On May 25, 2016, at 9:34 AM, Tobias Merkle <tgamerkle at gmail.com> wrote:

I volunteer to hug Shades.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Andrey Fedorov <me at anfedorov.com> wrote:
A troll in an IRC channel? Say it isn't so!
A little more seriously, two points: (1) trolls troll for attention, and negative attention results in a negative feedback loop, and (2) be awesome to each other, even the trolls. Positive attention breaks the loop. Be nice to trolls if you can do so genuinely, and simply ignore them if you can't.
The conversation itself is a little confusing - shades sounds like he could have used a hug. Perhaps two.
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Victoria Fierce <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> wrote:
Casey's right, I do remember banning them once or twice.



...do we really need to speculate on why they should be considered

banned? IRC bans don't traditionally extend to the 86 page.



On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 05:45 -0700, Marc Juul wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net>

> wrote:

>

> > On 5/24/16 2:24 AM, Robert "Finny" Merrill wrote:

> > > This is an actual conversation I just had on #noisebridge:

> > > http://hastebin.com/raw/ramuhatexe

> > >

> > > What happened, folks? Did this community lose all sense of social

> > > responsibility? Since when is this kind of attitude welcome?

> > > _______________________________________________

> > > Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> > > Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> > > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

> >

> > (resending 'cos my first message was lost somehow)

> >

> > This individual has long been banned from #noisebridge for doing

> > exactly

> > this, and occasionally evades the ban. Sorry that nobody was around

> > when

> > they got back in.

> >

> >

> Really? I thought he was banned but he's not on the noisebridge 86

> wiki

> page. If he was actually banned could someone add him and the reason?

> If it

> was for safe space reasons then he'll also be added to the sudo room

> ban

> list.

>

> _______________________________________________

> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss
_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss





_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss




_______________________________________________
Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss

_______________________________________________

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss





_______________________________________________
Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss 		 	   		  

 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/attachments/20160528/bb87dbbc/attachment.html>


More information about the Noisebridge-discuss mailing list