[Noisebridge-jobs] Seeking a Front-End Developer
katie at critpath.org
Tue Aug 2 10:42:21 PDT 2011
All Together Now
(www.GetAllTogetherNow.com / Twitter @_atn)
All Together Now is a small, funded startup based in Santa Cruz, CA providing a SaaS solution
for web development agencies. We are looking for a full-time front-end web
developer for a contract-to-hire position. Telecommuting is okay, but please be
close enough to Santa Cruz to meet with us once a week or so.
Our initial offering will be a web application with an AJAX-centric interface. This
would be similar to the new Twitter interface in that practically the entire
application is implemented in AJAX in the browser.
The right candidate looks something like this:
• You enjoy solving problems, learning new skills, building things that work
really well, and have a talent for designing highly maintainable code and
• You have a strong background in user interface development, preferably with
• You have at least 2 years of heavily-AJAX user interface development
• You are expert in at least one of the popular JS frameworks: Prototype,
Dojo, jQuery, Scriptaculous.
and render handsomely across various browsers.
• You have used performance and profiling tools to optimize your AJAX-based
• You understand CSS image sprites, caching directives, and other web scaling
techniques which might impact the front-end.
• You are very comfortable working with REST-based XML and/or JSON
• You are up-to-date on the latest HTML and CSS standards, and can help us
build for the future.
• Preferably, you can point us to live examples of interfaces that you have
developed and of which you are proud.
• It'd be nice if you are also comfortable with server-side programming of
some sort (PHP, Ruby, Java).
• An ambitious, intelligent, self-starter.
• Interest in being part of a start-up
• A sense of humor
• Deep care about users and the user experience
• Ability to admit when wrong
• Ability to deliver bad news
• Patience with other people
• Impatience with technology
We offer a competitive salary, a financial stake in the company. You can work at
home or with us in our Santa Cruz co-workspace. This role can evolve depending
on the skills, experience and professional interests of the candidate.
Us: New Bay Area company with respectful, rational, peers. We are as dedicated to
building a great culture as we are to building a great product.
To apply: Send a resume, writing sample, and examples of your work to:
lauren at getalltogethernow.com
All Together Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are
considered without regard to gender, age, race, sexual orientation, color, religion,
national origin, disability, ancestry, marital or veteran status. Please, no tools.
We only want people who are excellent to each other.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noisebridge-jobs