[Rack] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] draft of Signal to Noise, a NB newsletter

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jan 6 18:06:41 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 01:28:17AM -0800, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> Hey Rack/Mailman man

Whups, you almost took it in the shorts from my "too many -discuss
threads, delete them all!" reflexes because this was a reply to that

> So is it possible to set up a mailing list for this putative email
> newsletter called signal2noise at lists.noisebridge.net (discuss, anyone can
> join, usual defaults, me danny at spesh.com as admin) and also an alias,
> noiserat at noisebridge.net that will forward to
> signal2noise at lists.noisebridge.net ?
> The alias is because ostensibly that's who the newsletter will be written
> from/by, and that's the address we'd give out for submissions.

All technically possible.  However I'm a little concerned that noiserat@
may receive submissions that, while not technically private, submitters
might be hinky to see posted on our public Mailman archive.

Not sure what the right answer is, there's a tension between

1. our lists are open to the public
2. we'd like to encourage submissions even if they're not ready for the
   light of day quite yet