[Rack] Network reporting onto a small LCD screen

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Sep 11 12:49:33 PDT 2011

If one was setup, and hooked up to the VGA port on that console board,
what should it display that's helpful to the average Noisebridger?

I think it could be trivial to setup monitoring of the following things...

* Heartbeat - Switch 2 (the main switch on the Wall-O-Tubes)
* Heartbeat - Sonic Link, Monkeybrains, r00ter, wifi APs
* Does DHCP work
* Does local DNS work
* Does remote DNS work
* Can the wlan interface ping the eth interface

Also when heartbeats change we could have festival talk in a very 2001
Space Odyssey voice on how shit isn't working.

It would be fun if this display was simply a colorful ascii cli script,
to keep things simple.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net