[Rack] Creating a Frontend Web Development list

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jun 18 23:16:09 PDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 08:58:39PM -0700, Jeffrey Carl Faden wrote:
> "webdev" sounds like it's more than just frontend, though... actually,
> that's not a bad thing. Other related groups (like Rails) can use it
> too.
> I don't like using the term "HTML5" - it makes it seem as if I'm
> teaching a specific kind of web dev, when I'm not. "html" would be
> better, but I actually like "webdev," having thought about it.
> So "webdev" it is!

Sorry I didn't get to this this morning!

You should have mail with your new list-admin password, and the admin
URL.  If the URL takes you to a Mediawiki error page, it is missing a
critical /.

Here's a few things to do to get your new list up and running:

0. save your password somewhere secure.

1. add a few other list admins who can help you out with subscriber
requests, moderation, etc.

2. modify the "description" so that your list shows up nicely on

3. promote the list to the people who will want to use it!  Including a
list pointer at the top of your next -announce post will help a lot.