[Rack] Chip in to replace wifi network

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Thu Feb 14 00:33:45 UTC 2013

Right now we use several old APs to provide wifi in the space.  All of the
radios are fairly old and don't handle interference as well as a modern

I'd like to purchase two new modern dual-band wifi APs to improve
reception.  One will go over the main work tables, the other will go back
by the kitchen.  This will provide better reception in the areas where
most people are using wifi. The main tables and the classrooms.

Proposed APs:

Total cost will come to about $500.

I'd rather just do this than have to bring up a meeting item.  Anyone want
to pitch in $100 toward getting these?