noise: MAX 4 CHIX

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 20:19:29 UTC 2013

    from the Women's Audio Mission:

http://www.womensaudiomission.org/content/intro-max-build-your-own-software-synth-and-effects-fall-2013-0

    Intro to Max - Build your Own Software Synth and Effects - Fall 2013

Date/Time:Tues. Sep. 24, Thurs. Sept. 26 AND Tues. Oct. 1, (3 evenings),
7 PM - 9:30 PM

Location:WAM, 1890 Bryant Street, Suite 312, San Francisco, CA 94110

Registration link:Intro to Max - Build your Own Software Synth and
Effects - Fall 2013
<http://www.womensaudiomission.org/content/intro-max-build-your-own-software-synth-and-effects-fall-2013>

This course is an introduction to visual programming for audio in the
Cycling '74 Max environment and MSP. Participants will learn about basic
Max Objects, interfacing between MIDI and audio, build MIDI patches such
as an internal harmonizer or arpeggiator, create a basic software
synthesizer and MIDI instrument.

There will be workstations provided but participants are encouraged to
bring their own laptops already loaded with Cycling' 74 Max (see 30 day
free demo version below) so that you can do homework and create projects
in between classes.

Taught byAmanda Ghassaei <http://www.amandaghassaei.com/>- the woman
behind the invention of 3D & laser cut records and a variety of
innovative MIDI controllers.

*Schedule:*3 evening sessions: Tues. 9/24, Thurs. 9/26 and Tues. Oct. 1
from 7 - 9:30 PM
*Cost:*$85 for WAM Members, $125 for non-members.
Free 30 dayDEMO<http://cycling74.com/downloads/>version.
More aboutMax <http://cycling74.com/products/max/visual-programming/>.

*Who can become a member of WAM?*

Women's Audio Mission membership is for anyone who is
female-identified.  We prefer a more inclusive definition of "woman" and
welcome genderqueer women, trans women and non-binary identified people.

We also offer many events and workshops that include our male allies
http://www.womensaudiomission.org

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!