[Space] Space Digest, Vol 3, Issue 11
m at dgmo.org
Sun Feb 7 12:34:37 PST 2010
I'm in MTV with André waiting for a sign to start driving
On 7 Feb 2010 12:20, "Brian Choate" <brian.choate at gmail.com> wrote:
Had a minor issue with some servers at work this morning, but it looks like
everything is sorted out now.
It's been nearly an hour since the last message, how are things coming
along? Are folks still at noisebridge? HRO is closed today, but a am near
the radioshaft here in Alameda if there is anything basic that they might
have in stock that is still needed.
Are you guys likely to get on the road anytime soon?
> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:20:26 -0800
> From: Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to>
> Subject: Re: [Space] launch plan for Sunday!
> To: Blake at blakebarrett.net
> Cc: space <space at lists.noisebridge.net>
> <cd7d9f3b1002071120l33f3a30bkf88a5fa11ed5d56 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> It looks like the weather is going to clear from north to south.
> Hourly forecasts show Modesto clear an hour before Los Banos -
> http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/95352 is clear at 5pm
> http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/93635 is clear at 6pm
> So I think we have a better chance of launching south of Modesto, as
> we were originally thinking.
> In the meantime, we're pushing ahead with payload build at Noisebridge
> - putting everything in the box gives us a net weight of 3.88 pounds!
> Win! :)
> Once Christie arrives we'll resume radio gear testing as well.
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
> > Actually, I'm delighted you brought this up, because it gave me an
> > opportunity to learn how to read METARs from Ozzy :)
> > The short story is that there is nowhere in the Central Valley from
> > Stockton to Merced that we can launch right now. Stockton is
> > forecasting only scattered cloud at 2200 GMT (4pm); Merced for 2300
> > GMT.
> > We can't launch at 4pm - we need at least an hour or two of daylight
> > after the balloon drops to recover. Thoughts? Debate at NB right now
> > is whether to head out anyway and if we get clear sky by 1pm or so,
> > we'll launch. If not, we'll at least be ready for the next clear day.
> > m.
Space mailing list
Space at lists.noisebridge.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Space