[Tastebridge] vegan twinkie hacking!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 03:52:01 PST 2012

Damn, this sounds fun!  But I'll be out of town.  Please take pictures! Mitch.
 Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:26:07 -0800
From: maggiefrankel at yahoo.com
To: tastebridge at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: [Tastebridge] vegan twinkie hacking!

Hey Tastebridge,

                    Vegan Hacker is back for February 2012— with dessert!
There has previously been speculation as to whether store-bought  Twinkies actually count as food or not. We’re not 100% sure either— but we do
 know that some of us have been craving the taste and texture (but not
the animal shortening, eggs, milk protein, etc) of a Twinkie for well
over a decade now— and it’s time to take action! But it’s also time to
get creative! There is no reason to limit ourselves to mere yellow
sponge cake and vanilla-ish cream filling! Let’s hack the Twinkie!
We will be using this recipe (http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2012/01/vegetarian-recipe-vegan-twinkies/) as a very general guideline, and will provide a basic vegan batter, creamy filling, and aluminum foil that we can fold into twinkie-shaped mini pans (http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Twinkie-Challenge/step2/Making-the-Twinkie-molds/).
 It’s up to you to bring vegan ingredients to add to the batter, or to
add to/ supplement the filling! There are so many delicious/intriguing
possibilities: cocoa, fruit filling, fakin’ bacon… Yum!

Date: February 28, 2012

Time: 6m
Want to join us? Have questions? RSVP (let us know what you want to bring!) or ask away at veganhackerSF at gmail dot com!
See y’all then!

Tastebridge mailing list
Tastebridge at lists.noisebridge.net