[Tastebridge] Fw: [Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen use for this Friday's hacker culture book release event?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 23:37:38 UTC 2012

That sounds like a nice project!

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Mike Higashi <mhigashi at gmail.com>
To: Noisebridge <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:01 PM
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen use for this Friday's hacker culture book release event?
In honor of Gabriella Coleman's book release event at Noisebridge
this Friday (November 16th)...

... I'd like to make some gluten-free cornbread in the Noisebridge kitchen.
(She avoids gluten.)

This means I'd like to declare the prep area near the stovetop a wheat-free
and gluten-free zone beginning about 4pm, to avoid cross-contamination
while I start cleaning the area and then prep the cornbread.

I figure on making three loaves, so there'll be plenty to go around, which is
why there's an early start time. Given the available equipment, I can only
bake one loaf at a time.

The far end of the counter will still be available in case someone needs
to slice up a loaf of regular bread, or something.

Does anybody have concerns about temporarily restricting the use of
wheat products or ingredients containing gluten in the kitchen prep area?

Noisebridge-discuss mailing list
Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net