[Tiny-tux] Browser on 486

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Nov 8 17:21:46 PST 2011

There's always the thin client option.  Install X on the laptop,
applications on a server.  You can use any browser you want.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Wladyslaw Zbikowski <
embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> wrote:
> > recompiled kernel (the kernel needs to be recompiled to use WAY less
> ram).
> >  twm uses ~800kbytes of ram which is completely doable on a 486.
> Good point, I'm thinking CONFIG_EMBEDDED and
> It would be useful to have lynx/links as a backup, but most people
> prefer a graphical browser for everyday use. Conceivably one could run
> X to just launch a single fullscreen browser window and no window
> manager, if X were absolutely needed for some reason.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly