No subject

Wed Jun 10 09:48:09 PDT 2009

After a long 2 days of travel and leaving a fearless bike rider in Seattle =
( http://rubin.starset.net/locate/ )=2C  Jeffrey Malone and I finally reach=
ed the Toorcamp staging ground as the sun set in the East.  Our hosts we ki=
nd enough to show us our camp and start to prepare us for this adventure.  =
Now it's 715AM and the sun has already risen to 30=BA.  Our work is just ab=
out to begin=2C but before that I wanted to give you all an idea of what's =
up here and what to expect. =20

The rolling hills around me are covered in fields of wheat=2C potato=2C and=
 other crops=2C and I'm hidden among them on this decommissioned cold war c=
oncept.  Thistles=2C sage=2C wild grass and wheat volunteers dot the site=
=2C growing out of  a mix of powderfine earth and blasted=2C repacked bedro=
ck=2C all topcoated n the ash of recent Volcanic eruptions.  The network of=
 tunnels and rooms below me awaits us and the first ever Toorcamp

Now for the Toorcamper tips:

1) Noisebridge has a large consolidated area consisting of 7500 sq. ft.   T=
here's plenty of room for last minute attendees to camp here=2C or to settl=
e down nearby
2) We should have a great vegan food supply=2C but you could do well to bri=
ng a mess kit for yourself to eat and drink with.
3) Shade structures are a great idea here=2C either your tent or bigger if =
you can organize it ( I don't think I'll need a tent at night=2C I slept un=
der an amazing sky last night).
4) If you can=2C bring 3/8 inch rebar for staking big structures=2C 1/2 is =
too big for this rocky earth
4) There will be a little generator power to sip at one end of our camp=2C =
and tents on the other end.  If you need power for something excellent=2C t=
hen you'll get it!
5) Moses Lake=2C Washington is about 30-40 minutes away=2C and its a nice t=
own with a typical big gay Safeway=2C strange 'tronic factories=2C farmers=
=2C and friends.  You can probably get anything essential or forgotten over=
 there=2C so gather the gear you have=2C and just focus on driving=2C flyin=
g=2C or flapping up here!

One last thing:  someone=2C bring the Noisebridge banner and some stickers!

-Ronald Miloh Alexander

p.s.
I heard rumors that I will finally get to try real Club Mate here=2C look f=
orward to mass quantities of that.  Also looking forward to some old timey =
coin shrinking!

Driving Directions:
N 47=BA11.379'
W 118=BA 49.457'

--_85743526-aba9-493d-b072-ee05cd9a73b7_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Greetings from London!&nbsp=3B I'd be there=2C for sure=2C if I weren't her=
e.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3BSounds like you all are in for a great time!<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Miloh=2C if you have any trouble with&nbsp=3Btransferring my ticket to you=
=2C please let me know.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Cheers=2C<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Mitch.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<HR id=3DstopSpelling>
<BR>Date: Tue=2C 30 Jun 2009 08:00:06 -0700<BR>From: froggytoad at gmail.com<B=
R>To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net=3B toorcamp at lists.noisebrid=
ge.net<BR>Subject: [Toorcamp] Report from the Toorcamp site<BR><BR>From the=
 desk of the Noisebridge camp at what will be Toorcamp-<BR><BR>After a long=
 2 days of travel and leaving a fearless bike rider in Seattle ( <A href=3D=
"http://rubin.starset.net/locate/">http://rubin.starset.net/locate/</A> )=
=2C&nbsp=3B Jeffrey Malone and I finally reached the Toorcamp staging groun=
d as the sun set in the East.&nbsp=3B Our hosts we kind enough to show us o=
ur camp and start to prepare us for this adventure.&nbsp=3B Now it's 715AM =
and the sun has already risen to 30=BA.&nbsp=3B Our work is just about to b=
egin=2C but before that I wanted to give you all an idea of what's up here =
and what to expect.&nbsp=3B <BR><BR>The rolling hills around me are covered=
 in fields of wheat=2C potato=2C and other crops=2C and I'm hidden among th=
em on this decommissioned cold war concept.&nbsp=3B Thistles=2C sage=2C wil=
d grass and wheat volunteers dot the site=2C growing out of&nbsp=3B a mix o=
f powderfine earth and blasted=2C repacked bedrock=2C all topcoated n the a=
sh of recent Volcanic eruptions.&nbsp=3B The network of tunnels and rooms b=
elow me awaits us and the first ever Toorcamp<BR><BR><BR>Now for the Toorca=
mper tips:<BR><BR>1) Noisebridge has a large consolidated area consisting o=
f 7500 sq. ft.&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B There's plenty of room for last minute atten=
dees to camp here=2C or to settle down nearby<BR>2) We should have a great =
vegan food supply=2C but you could do well to bring a mess kit for yourself=
 to eat and drink with.<BR>3) Shade structures are a great idea here=2C eit=
her your tent or bigger if you can organize it ( I don't think I'll need a =
tent at night=2C I slept under an amazing sky last night).<BR>4) If you can=
=2C bring 3/8 inch rebar for staking big structures=2C 1/2 is too big for t=
his rocky earth<BR>4) There will be a little generator power to sip at one =
end of our camp=2C and tents on the other end.&nbsp=3B If you need power fo=
r something excellent=2C then you'll get it!<BR>5) Moses Lake=2C Washington=
 is about 30-40 minutes away=2C and its a nice town with a typical big gay =
Safeway=2C strange 'tronic factories=2C farmers=2C and friends.&nbsp=3B You=
 can probably get anything essential or forgotten over there=2C so gather t=
he gear you have=2C and just focus on driving=2C flying=2C or flapping up h=
ere!<BR><BR>One last thing:&nbsp=3B someone=2C bring the Noisebridge banner=
 and some stickers!<BR><BR>-Ronald Miloh Alexander<BR><BR><BR>p.s.<BR>I hea=
rd rumors that I will finally get to try real Club Mate here=2C look forwar=
d to mass quantities of that.&nbsp=3B Also looking forward to some old time=
y coin shrinking!<BR><BR>Driving Directions:<BR>N 47=BA11.379'<BR>W 118=BA =
49.457'<BR><BR><BR></body>

--_85743526-aba9-493d-b072-ee05cd9a73b7_--