[Toorcamp] we have a bus
superq at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:17:50 PDT 2012
You can count me in on driving/funding. I think we could get up there
on the 6th if we left at the crack of dawn, or slightly before.
Sunrise in SF: 6:18
Sunset in Seattle: 20:37
I would suggest we leave SF at 5am sharp in order to avoid traffic.
We would get to Portland around 2:30-3:30pm which should also be less
of a traffic problem.
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the bus idea because I imagine it holding the big things I'm
> interested in taking with less effort. What kind of access does it
> have? Front, side and emergency exit at the back all functioning?
> What's the capacity of the bus for people?
> Looks like a *worst* case scenario of $1326 in gas (based on 6mpg, and
> avg $4.25/gal), based on a direct round trip. If we can get a better
> estimate of the mpg that number will get sharper, but I prefer making
> a worst case estimate and saving rather than a dream scenario and
> folks getting stuck with a tab later on.
> the first route: http://goo.gl/maps/szxr Is it possible to get up
> there by the evening of the 6th?
> then back to seattle to pick up folks flying in on the 8th??
> I think we should fundraise a total amount that far exceeds the $1k
> needed for the use permit alone. Contingency fund for emergencies?
> Something like 3.5k? Then with 10 folks, the amount to obtain per
> person is ~$350..
More information about the Toorcamp