3Dponics.com - Open-Source, 3D-Printed Hydroponics System
What: 3Dponics workshop for building your own 3D-printable hydroponics system using recycled plastic bottles and 3D-printed components
When: Time to be announced, Friday, August 15th
Where: Noisebridge. Getting Here
Who: Makers and people who love to build things, hackers, gardening enthusiasts, anyone who wants to learn more about 3D printing
Cost: FREE -- Just come and enjoy!
 Workshop Itinerary
- Part 1: Introduction. Who is 3Dprintler? Where are we located? What do we do?
- Part 2: What is 3Dponics? A general overview of the 3Dponics system and how it works. We'll show you the key 3D-printed components (drip nozzle, conduit, silencer) and explain their function and importance.
- Part 3: Why build a 3Dponics system? Here, we'll discuss the benefits of using 3Dponics, from access to clean, fresh and 3Dlicious food to energy savings.
- Part 4: Live demo! We will build a basic 3Dponics system for Noisebridge to keep, so you can see exactly how the system works.
- Part 5: What does the future hold? We'll share with you our vision for 3Dponics--a completely autonomous, Internet-enabled hydroponics system that's powered by solar panels and an online community where people can share knowledge, post upgrades and hacks, sell/trade what they grow and help each other out.
- Part 6: Group discussion and Q&A