|This article seems to be really old or very much out of date, and may contain wrong info.
Wiki-tip: You can check its history to see when it was last edited.
- Coffee has played a crucial role in many societies. The energizing effect of the coffee bean plant is thought to have been discovered in the northeast region of Ethiopia, and the cultivation of coffee first expanded in the Arab world. The earliest credible evidence of coffee drinking appears in the middle of the 15th century, in the Sufi monasteries of Yemen in southern Arabia. From the Muslim world, coffee spread to Italy, then to the rest of Europe, to Indonesia, and to the Americas. In East Africa and Yemen, it was used in religious ceremonies. As a result, the Ethiopian Church banned its secular consumption, a ban in effect until the reign of Emperor Menelik II of Ethiopia. It was banned in Ottoman Turkey during the 17th century for political reasons, and was associated with rebellious political activities in Europe. — Coffee, from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 Coffee equipment at Noisebridge
Coffee equipment is located in the cabinet behind the stove. Inventory as of September 2012 includes:
- a hand-powered Hario "Mini-Mill" coffee grinder
- an electric kettle with WATER ONLY written on it
- three electric coffee grinders
- 4-cup Mr. Coffee drip machine
- an AeroPress; see links below for information about it
 NoiseCoffee Collection Trial for the month of December
- How Much $ Do You Want?
James is looking to raise $12 per week, which will gain the space 3 lbs of pre-ground, 100% Arabica coffee every Monday afternoon.
The bulk price I'm currently set on is just under $4.30 per pound. H*****, who has been providing the space with coffee, says 5 ounces per day. The plan is to have 10oz available at any given time.
- How do I know it tastes good?
Swing by the space and drink some coffee; the coffee available in the tin can on the cart is the real deal.
- Is this a trial?
This is a trial run that will conclude on the new year.
- Shut up and take my money!
Add your Name & Amount Pledged
- James, $8
- introduction to the AeroPress from HowToBrewCoffee.com
- wikipedia article
- quick demonstration of the "inverted method"
- interview with the 2012 World Aeropress Champion
- Tokyo Aeropress Championship 2010