What is Crypto Cnight?
Every Friday night, 6pm onwards! A cryptography teaching & learning session at Noisebridge, run by participants. Probably will have some kind of hands on component, too.
Bonus points for tweed coats and bubble pipes.
Please list topics here you want to cover.
Peter is interested in:
- Some history of cryptography in the 20th century (those who... history... repeat it... etc)
- Some general review of common cryptosystems (I'm familiar with some, but there are many...)
- What makes a good S box?
- Hands on examples of differential and linear cryptanalysis?
- I'd be into trying to give a talk on ECC, as that would motivate me to really sitting down and figuring that shit out.
Jonathan is interested in:
- cryptographic protocols
- randomness and it's real world implementations. For instance how good are the generators on smart cards?
People and Backgrounds
If you are interested, leave your name here. Please also indicate roughly the background you have in 0) crypto, 1) mathematics, and 2) programming.
- DavidMolnar, graduate level in crypto, ok but spotty in math, decent but not great at programming
- PeterYoungmeister, some knowledge in crypto, BA in math so decent but rusty, and almost no programming.
- erin, undergrad crypto, grad math, ok at programming: python, matlab
- JonathanMoore, basic crypto knolage, not so great math, good/experienced programmer
- ian, undergrad crypto, grad math (but rusty), experienced programmer
- John, undergrad/work crypto, grad math