We have form the DC415 group is 415 just because is the main city area code, but all bay area residents are invited to join. We meet in noisebridge, see bellow for more info. We meet two times a month, second and fourth Saturday of the month at 6 PM/18:00 hours until you have to go or they kick us out. For official events check: [Our meetup.com group]
 We are finally listed as an official DefCon Group for the 415 area code
Unfortunately we have to email again to update the info they have.... lol
Everyone is welcome but know our topics are focus on hacking, this overlaps with infosec but we are a hacker group not a infosec group.. this means we do speak our minds and talk progressive politics and are focus on hacktivists and fixing the world we live on by the means of technology and digital/electrical means.
We are a DefCon group but we are not limited to defcon, we participate in 2600/HOPE/CCC and Bsides conferences as well, you may see us on infosec conferences like RSA but is not in our interests to support comercial and corporate conferences, this is one of the reasons we meet at NoiseBridge instead of some capitalist corporate office...
DC415 Location: San Francisco, California USA Point of Contact: rek2 POC Email: email@example.com Backup Point of Contact: m113s Backup POC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://noisebridge.net/wiki/DC415 DC415 Meets: Friday after work twice a month at Noisebridge Languages: English, some members speak Spanish Description: Hacking, computer security, Digital Rights, Privacy, Decentralization, Anarchism, etc.''
- come chat chat.binaryfreedom.info/dc415 and help with the organization of the group(is invite only so email me for invite)
- for info contact cfernandez [a] linux [dot] com
- on freenode join channel #dc415 (there but not active, better if you join us on mattermost above)
 Agenda Items for 27/08/2016
- Plan Defcon 2017
- who is going to be in charge of getting the money from us?
- calculate how much money each have to add to the jar each month to make this happen.
- Plan for CCC 12/2016
- implement Direct democracy by consensus in the group?
- if so how does it works (i will try to bring some print outs for people new to it) but is like what we had in occupy, the 15-M movement and Anarchist groups in general click on the link above.
- see also EDD Electronic Direct democracy
- Some of the issues surrounding the related notion of a direct democracy using the Internet and other communications technologies are dealt with in e-democracy and below under the term electronic direct democracy. More concisely, the concept of open source governance applies principles of the free software movement to the governance of people, allowing the entire populace to participate
- Projects (projects need to involve at least 2 persons, if possible, people of different background, ethnicity, culture or gender)
- Searchable App/web to point out all city CCTV camaras where activist can check/update to assure privacy and freedom of speech without intimidation by circumventing the CCTV etc
- I2p documentation or app to make it easier for people to join the darknet
- your ideas!
- mo ideas
for events in the bay area visit:
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Free Software Foundation
- RubyFu OpenBook, where Ruby goes evil!