Caddy is a webserver with https on BY DEFAULT and it is VERY PROUD of this fact.
(e.g. how to deploy caddy with ansible, not how to use caddy)
The majority of entries in caddy.yml handle redirects from other noisebridte-ish domains like noisebridge.com to noisebridge.net.
apps like mailman, pipermail with http[s] endpoints are also configured.
A list of directives seen in noisebridge caddy ansible playbook and their definitions.
- a metric reporting system.
- serve sites from zipped archives
- logging configuration
- override https default intentionally
- sends the client an HTTP redirect status code if the URL matches the specified pattern. It is also possible to make a redirect conditional.
- specifies the root of the site. This is very useful, in fact required, if the root (/) directory of the website is not the same as where Caddy is being executed from.
- sets the list of file names that are used as "index" files. When a directory path is requested instead of a specific file, the directory is checked for existing index files. The first matching file name is served.
- manipulate response headers.
- proxies requests to a FastCGI server.
- request one resource but actually be served another without an HTTP redirect. Rewrites are invisible to the client.
- generate dynamic content on your website by means of command line scripts
"Molecule aids in the development and testing of Ansible roles."
why are there two instances, default and alternate?
Ansible houses files which contain Noisebridge's dns configuration.
System monitoring and time series database.
Prometheus is configured to log metrics for various groups of services. As different groups are involved, there is prometheus config in different group_vars files.
node, caddy, and coredns, smartpi
Q: Why is the web_listen_address "127.0.0.1:9090" instead of "localhost:9090" as lower in the file?
Percona is a distribution of MySQL which includes features from MySQL Enterprise edition like availability, availability, security, etc.
As Percona is a mysql distribution, it makes use of the ansible role.
the database name is noisebridge_mediawiki
Percona is used to serve noisebridge's mediawiki instance.
The config in grafana.yml is specific to directories, hosts, databases, credentials and various authentications.
A basic metrics exporter for prometheus