Draft Consensus Items
This page is for consensus item drafts so that:
- people can easily share ideas with a record of changes
- avoid creating time pressure for community members by introducing items before sufficient discussion has happened
|Date First Discussed||Proposed By||Informal Title||Summary||Author of this Record|
|May 22, 2018||John Shutt||Defining Board Officer and Chairperson Roles||Text here: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Defining-Roles||John Shutt
|22 May 2018||Beka||Philanthropy Renaming||Rename Philanthropists to Daemons and update all the relevant related words in parallel ways.||Beka|
|22 May 2018||Beka||Document and Do-ocratize Infrastructure||Noisebridge will document it's infrastructure (including access control, wikipedia and social media accounts, domain names, financial record keeping and related accounts), and build tools to reduce or eliminate the reliance on trusted individuals, so as to prevent those items of infrastructure from becoming unusable or unmaintainable in the case that those trusted individuals cease to be readily contactable. All such tools will aim to maximize decentralized do-ocratic participation, transparency, and accountability, and minimize secrecy and concentration of power. As part of this, it is necessary to answer the following questions:
1) How can these pieces of infrastructure be accessed without significant vulnerabilities? I.E. what does it mean to access NB's Twitter account in an accountable way? How does that compare to bank information? To domain names? What conditions are appropriate for each such piece of infrastructure, to allow access to working groups building tools?
2) What tools can be made to provide decentralizeddo-ocratic control and accountability? What information must be shared, when, and how can that sharing be guaranteed?
3) Who will build the tools, write the documentation, etc.?
When these three questions can be answered, access will be granted to these tools. The system of trusted individuals may continue to exist as a fallback, if desirable, but will not be the sole way to manage this infrastructure thereafter.
The Current Consensus Items is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.
The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.