Preface / Warning / Responsibilities
No-one is required to answer the door. No-one is obligated to open the door or buzz people up. Door opening / buzzing is done do-ocratically by gracious volunteers. When you let someone in, you are responsible for:
- The person or people who come in
- Checking if each entering being has gotten a tour and is familiar with basic Noisebridge policies and patterns (particularly the one [excellence] rule and our [anti-harassment policy]).
- If they haven't gotten a tour before or are not familiar with current Noisebridge, giving a tour and explaining our policies (one rule, anti-harassment policy, cleaning up after oneself, doocracy, consensus big and little, one rule doesn't mean there are no other rules, etc.)
- Asking the being(s) you let in to disengage or to leave if they become a problem for the space.
- Familiarize yourself with the 86 List; these beings are not welcome at Noisebridge.
- Keep an eye on the #space-guardians channel and, preferably, have perused the last month worth of posts on said channel.
- Letting in people you don't know after closing time
- Verbally gendering people based on appearances (use they instead of she/xe/he)
- Letting someone run past you directly to the back of the space