Preface / Warning / Responsibilities
No-one is required to answer the door. No-one is obligated to open the door or buzz people up. If you are working/hacking on a project and are unable to answer the door, no problem. All visitors and people without keycards to enter Noisebridge will need to be patient when waiting for the front door or gate door to be answered.
Door opening / buzzing is done do-ocratically by available gracious volunteers. When you let someone in, you are responsible for:
- The person or people who come in
- Checking if each entering being has gotten a tour and is familiar with basic Noisebridge policies and patterns (particularly the one [excellence] rule and our [anti-harassment policy]).
- If they haven't gotten a tour before or are not familiar with current Noisebridge, giving a tour and explaining our policies (one rule, anti-harassment policy, cleaning up after oneself, doocracy, consensus big and little, one rule doesn't mean there are no other rules, etc.)
- Asking the being(s) you let in to disengage or to leave if they become a problem for the space.
- Familiarize yourself with the 86 List; these beings are not welcome at Noisebridge.
- Keep an eye on the #space-guardians channel and, preferably, have perused the last month worth of posts on said channel.
- Letting in people you don't know after closing time
- Verbally gendering people based on appearances (use they instead of she/xe/he)
- Letting someone run past you directly to the back of the space