Linux System Administration Study Group
 About the group
The Linux Systems Administration Study Group (LSG) has been created in direct relation to the SF-LUG group and other related Linux events.
- Share and practice skills for Linux System Administration and hack on any and all things Linux/FOSS.
- Emphasis is on everyone being welcome
- We encourage new people of all user levels to join in.
- We also encourage users/hackers/developers of any, and all, operating systems who are interested in Linux.
When is this study group? Now on Thursdays from 15:00 to 17:00
 Meeting time and location
- We are now meeting in a location offsite from the Space, but in SF, on Thursdays from 15:00-17:00.
- We now meeting at SECRET LOCATION. email email@example.com for the coordinates.
- For announcements, check out the Noisebridge-Discuss list.
 Our Current Focus
- We'll be setting up various networking equipment (server,switch, router, gateway, etc.) in two different rooms at the new location (as time provides) as well as starting other study topics.
- We'll be moving a box with existing server and routing software from one room to another room and connecting it to their network and securing it.
- This will be done as it would be in an occupational scenario giving two rooms internet via eth_ and wlan_ (i.e., establishing full connectivity via hardwire/wireless.)
 Past Bash Shell Scripting for Linux Systems Administrators
In early 2012 the study group focused on shell scripting in Bash. The class was very small, but has grown ever since. Here is a shell script that makes shell scripts. Can you explain every detail on every line?
The shell scripters were meeting and working through their code on a line by line basis. This article on redirection is a great read as a followup to the past 2012-02-21 meeting. One of the shell scripters put out this good meta-guide for learning the Command Line and for creating more advanced shell scripting in Bash. There are also the most recent The Linux Command Line book and Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide v6.6.19 available as PDF downloads as well.