|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Channels | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | Edit|
|272 Capp St. | Layout | Parking | Fence | Access | Patio | Entrance | Front | Hackitorium | Stage | Lockers | Stairs | Upstairs | Classrooms | Exits | Roll up door | Bathrooms | Network | Roof | Audio | AV | Construction | Electrical | Elevator | Back hall | Back patio | Fire escape | Plants | Housekeeping | Edit|
You see locker refresh notices on some lockers that haven't been used recently.
Lockers are a limited resource at Noisebridge. In this post-scarcity economy, we’ve only got a finite number of ‘em. Please be excellent to your fellow hackers by making sure that you’re not holding one of them without using it.
HOW TO LOCKER AT NOISEBRIDGE
- Put a lock on an empty locker
- Put a note/tag/sticker/whatever on the locker with your name and the date, contact info is useful too
- Party. Hard.
Oct 2021 locker roundup
Inventory by Lizzard, lockers are numbered 1-58 in bright orange. Contacting people via slack, discord, text as of Oct 21, 2021. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TmpKiF1Rq4-bXoUZdU2eJLG_9HvZkjrGg2cwpCxearo/edit
- next steps, announce it everywhere with a time limit
- do the same with the boxes of stuff from old lockers upstairs in the hall
HOW TO BE A GARBAGE COLLECTOR (THIS IS A LONG TERM COMMITMENT)
- Put fresh "still in use verification" sheets on each locker. The sheets should have blank name/date fields and a deadline to sign and date it by.
- Announce the upcoming garbage collection pass to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait a reasonable period of time. For example, one month is pretty darn reasonable. Two weeks seems ok if you are extra careful to hunt people down on the mailing list and proxy sign their sheet. Some locker users might be out of town and need the extra time.
- Cut off the locks from all the lockers that have blank "still in use verification" sheets and have not been claimed in response to the announcement.
- Put the contents in an egg crate on the project shelves labeled with the Locker #
HOW TO NOT LOCKER AT NOISEBRIDGE
- Go on vacation and leave it full of food
- Cut a lock off a locker that isn’t yet stale
- Get mad when your lock is cut off if you aren't even on the mailing list
- Locker How-To Sign: File:Noisebridge Locker Sign 2016.07.08.pdf
- Still-In-Use Verification Sheet: File:Noisebridge Locker Still In Use Verification.pdf
- 2017: New Lockers here!