Lockers are a limited resource at Noisebridge. In this post-scarcity economy, we’ve only got a finite number of ‘em. Please be excellent to your fellow hackers by making sure that you’re not holding one of them without using it.
HOW TO LOCKER AT NOISEBRIDGE
- Subscribe to email@example.com
- Put a lock on an empty locker
- Put a note/tag/sticker/whatever on the locker
- Join and pay attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party. Hard.
HOW TO BE A GARBAGE COLLECTOR (THIS IS A LONG TERM COMMITMENT)
- Put fresh "still in use verification" sheets on each locker. The sheets should have blank name/date fields and a deadline to sign and date it by.
- Announce the upcoming garbage collection pass to email@example.com
- Wait a reasonable period of time. For example, one month is pretty darn reasonable. Two weeks seems ok if you are extra careful to hunt people down on the mailing list and proxy sign their sheet. Some locker users might be out of town and need the extra time.
- Cut off the locks from all the lockers that have blank "still in use verification" sheets and have not been claimed in response to the announcement.
- Put the contents in an egg crate on the project shelves labeled with the Locker #
HOW TO NOT LOCKER AT NOISEBRIDGE
- Go on vacation and leave it full of food
- Cut a lock off a locker that isn’t yet stale
- Get mad when your lock is cut off if you aren't even on the mailing list
- Locker How-To Sign: File:Noisebridge Locker Sign 2016.07.08.pdf
- Still-In-Use Verification Sheet: File:Noisebridge Locker Still In Use Verification.pdf