|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Communications Channels | Wiki | Discuss | Slack | Jitsi | Pad | Meetup | Discord | Trello | Github | IRC | VR | Twitter | 5MoF | YouTube | Blog | Zine | Contacts | Mailinglist | Guestbook | BBS | Edit|
We have several mailing lists! All of our email lists are open to everyone, members and non-members... Please feel free to subscribe to any or all. Note that messages to these lists will be publicly archived at https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo
Note: some lists are subscriber-only, meaning you must subscribe before posting. Discuss and Announce hold posts by non-subscribers for moderation.
Our Two Main Lists
- Announcements - Extremely low traffic - Updates on current and upcoming events happening in the space. Please do sign up for the announcement list. If you've made it this far, you'll probably be interested in our announcements. how to write a good announcement email
- Discussion - Moderate to high traffic - General discussion revolving around the space and those involved with it. Cool projects, questions you'd like answered, news of interest, stuff you'd like to donate, work/play you'd like help with. It can also get a little heated and in-jokey sometimes, but don't fear -- the space itself is friendly. Fun history in discuss archives!
For more on posting etiquette, please see Noisebridge-discuss-faq.
Most active as of mid-2021:
- Discuss forum https://discuss.noisebridge.info/
- Discord (is this public or invite only?)
- Slack (ask for invite I guess)
- Scuttlebutt (add info)
Smaller Group Lists
These may or may not be active - needs investigation - as of mid 2021.
- Build Team - Discussion details of REBOOT at 2169 Mission. If you are or want to be involved in that, please join this list.
- Cloud - Discussion of "cloud" based applications, distributed computing and storage, etc.
- Congress - This is a list about traveling to Europe for the CCC Congress. If you're looking for a place to stay, people to travel with or tips on submitting a possible talk - this is the Noisebridge list to join.
- Darkroom - Darkroom Photography, optics hacking, and general chemistry. Anything that uses the darkroom.
- EEG - the EEG project: build/interpret EEG
- event-handlers - List for those planning, running, volunteering, and/or kibitzing on running major events at Noisebridge.
- FABulouse! - Lasercutter, Makerbot, RepRap and any other tools related to fabrication at Noisebridge
- Hardware - Hardware, firmware, modifications, and the like.
- Jobs - Job postings should be sent here, rather than the discuss list
- Lockers - pertaining to the lockers at Noisebridge
- Neuro - Discussion list pertaining to Neuroscience
- Noisedroid - Moderate traffic - Discussion of hacking the Android OS.
- Rack - This is the primary list to talk about network infrastructure in the space.
- Sensebridge Cyborg - Moderate traffic - Discussion for Sensebridge, the Noisebridge human-machine interface research group.
- Sewing - Sewing-related discussion, collaboration, and status updates on the machines and work area at 2169.
- Soceng - The fine art of cat herding.
- Sound-hacks - Hand-made instruments, circuit-bending, and audio electronics, music and audio hacking.
- Spacebridge - Discussion for exploring the vastness of space cheaply and creatively. Spacebridge wiki
- TinyTux - TinyTux is a list and group dedicated to lite-weight implementations of Linux and Android on embedded, handheld, and other non-Intel hardware
- ToorCamp - Our ToorCamp planning list.
- Zines From Outer Space (ZFOS) - A mailing list & discussion group for zinesters, printmakers & DIY publishers at Noisebridge, as well as for readers of & contributors to the new Noisebridge Zine-in-Progress, ZiP
Feel free to sign up or visit the archives.
Creating a new list
Send a nice email (and optionally flowers) to firstname.lastname@example.org*
*Subscription to the rack list is currently required to send unmoderated email: Join rack at noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo to send list requests. You can unsubscribe from the rack mailinglist after request.
- the list name
- the email address that should be list owner
- a short description of what the list is about