Maker Faire 2017
Congratulations Noisebridge MakerFaire Team!
We had a great show and hopefully we each enjoyed ourselves. Thank you to everyone that helped and supported the project this year.
Noisebridge MakerFaire 2017 Credits
- Alex P
- Ryan S
- Ruth G
- Kelly A
- Roger F
- Jeremy R
- Henner Z
- Amber Z
- nick p
- Nicole G
- Tiffany L
- Dan C
- Daniel W
- Mark W
- Kevin P
- Chris S
- Lady R
- Matthew M
(JH: If I have missed your name, or mis-categorized your name, my apologies. Many more people helped, in many ways, than I am personally aware of. Please add your self to the credits where appropriate.)
Pre and During show page content below, kept for reference
What we do at the show
We tell people about Noisebridge and invite them to come to our space. We answer questions about our community, tell people about the classes and resources of the space, describe how it is funded, who is welcome in the space, and explain how it operates. We also show off large projects that we have made in the space. We hand out stickers, and collect donations for shirts and in general when people are inclined to do so.
The schedule usually also permits time for volunteers to see much of MakerFaire and see what interesting things people are making. We're typically placed with the other Hackerspaces attending the event, so there are some great opportunities to meet other hackers.
Projects for 2017
We will be showing the following two projects at Maker Faire 2017.
The Ordi Booth is a computer which uses a computer to interpret images of people and then draw them with little robot hand(s).
SIMBRIDGE will bring Noisebridge to Maker Faire via the magic of virtual reality, display the projects of the Gamebridge class/group, and provide an augmented reality experiece at MakerFaire.
MakerFaire Volunteers Schedule
If you have volunteered for MakerFaire, please review this schedule and let me know of any errors
(Its a jpg because I don't know how to go from Google sheets to Mediawkik. The strange positioning of the names is simply my way of trying to line up peoples names across the rows when they volunteer for multiple days)
Information for MakerFaire Volunteers
The point of contact is Jarrod My phone number is 415.755.3682. If you call me or text me, please be sure to let me know who you are.
MakerFaire has information on transit and shuttle options here: http://makerfaire.com/bay-area/getting-to-maker-faire/
On Thursday we will enter through the east load in point.
If the show is setup like past shows, all other days, exhibitors have two entrances, separate from the East and West general admission gates. One is usually North of the west gate and another North of the east gate. I will usually meet you in front of one of these to give you your ticket to the event. If I haven't sent you your ticket before you arrive, please call me when you get to the gate and I will meet you outside of it. Please arrive early on show days, since it gets difficult to get away from the booth when the show starts.
If you are volunteering and are driving to the event. Please contact Jarrod and I can send you a parking pass for the yates parking lot, for exhibitors. Here is the map:
- Tuesday night, May 16
- OrdiBooth Training and Volunteer coordination - 19:30
- OrdiBooth Training for MakerFaire Volunteers and GameBridge volunteer coordination. Please come learn how to use the OrdiBooth and the details for staffing the Noisebridge MakerFaire 2017 booth.
- Thursday, May 18
- Meet at Noisebridge to load 08:00 - 09:00
- Meet and Set Up in San Mateo 10:00am – 19:00 (probably won't need this full time, nor as many people as we scheduled last year for FlaschenTaschen)
- Friday, May 19
- Set Up, if needed. 07:30 – 12:30
- Showtime 13:00 – 17:00
- Maker Mixer 17:00 – 18:00*
- Maker Dinner 18:00pm – 20:00*
- Times are subject to change, per MakerFaire.
- Saturday, May 20
- Set Up 07:30 – 09:30
- Showtime 10:00 – 19:00
- Sunday, May 21
- Set Up 08:00 – 09:30
- Showtime 10:00 – 18:00
- Packup 18:00 - ~19:00 or so
- Unload at Noisebridge between 19:30 and 21:00
- Schedule Notes:
- A. I (Jarrod) usually show up early onsite on show days to assist people with getting in the fairgrounds and finding their way to our booth.
- B. Please sign up on the doodle poll with your availability, but please also send your contact email to email@example.com so I can keep you updated on the scheduling. If you are on Slack, please join #maker-faire-logistics
- C. On Thursday, May 18th, morning I will pick up a Uhaul truck when Uhaul opens and park it in from of NB for loading. We will load the OrdiBooth, VR Project Stuff, NB Stuff, and other projects that are going with us. I can take one passenger in the truck.