Maker Faire 2018
Maker Faire Bay Area 2018 is May 18 - 20, 2018. Setup is on the 17th.
What we do at the show
We tell people about Noisebridge and invite them to come to our space. We answer questions about our community, tell people about the classes and resources of the space, describe how it is funded, who is welcome in the space, and explain how it operates. We also show off large group projects that we have made in the space. We hand out stickers, and collect donations (often for shirts or just because) when people are inclined to do so.
The schedule usually also permits time for volunteers to see much of MakerFaire and see what interesting things other people are making. We're typically placed with the other Hackerspaces attending the event, so there are some great opportunities to meet other hackers.
How to get involved
Feel free to contact Jarrod for more information. We'll need help with all of the following:
|We need help with Project Fabrication||
|Before the Show we'll need help with:||
|During the show we'll need people to:||
Projects for 2018
The current list of projects we are showing at Maker Faire 2018 is:
The Noisebridge Space Program will be presented with goal of raising greater awareness of our New Space and Fundraising campaign.
Due to popular demand, Gamebridge's SIMBRIDGE will return to Maker Faire in 2018! Via the magic of virtual reality SIMBRIDGE will provide an augmented reality experience of Noisebridge Hackerspace at MakerFaire.
We're going to try to build a cabinet of modular synthesizers for maker faire! Talk to Lizzie if you have questions.
Additional projects TBD
Maker Faire 2018 Show Schedule
This is the expected show schedule based on previous years, just adjusting the dates for this year. This may change when Maker Faire releases the official 2018 schedule
- Tuesday night, May 15
- Training and Volunteer coordination - 19:30
- Training for MakerFaire volunteers coordination. Please come learn how to use the projects and the details for staffing the Noisebridge Maker Faire 2018 booth.
- Thursday, May 17
- Meet at Noisebridge to load 08:00 - 09:00
- Meet and Set Up in San Mateo 10:00am – 19:00 (probably won't need this full time.)
- Friday, May 18
- Set Up, if needed. 07:30 – 12:30
- Showtime 13:00 – 17:00
- Maker Mixer 17:00 – 18:00*
- Maker Dinner 18:00pm – 20:00*
- Times are subject to change, per MakerFaire.
- Saturday, May 19
- Set Up 07:30 – 09:30
- Showtime 10:00 – 19:00
- Sunday, May 20
- Set Up 08:00 – 09:30
- Showtime 10:00 – 18:00
- Packup 18:00 - ~19:00 or so
- Unload at Noisebridge between 19:30 and 21:00
- Schedule Notes:
- A. I (Jarrod) usually show up early onsite on show days to assist people with getting in the fairgrounds and finding their way to our booth.
- B. Please also send your contact email to email@example.com so I can keep you updated on the scheduling. If you are on Slack, please join #makerfaire
- C. On Thursday, May 18th, morning I will pick up a Uhaul truck when Uhaul opens and park it in from of NB for loading. We will load the projects that are going with us. I can take one passenger in the truck.
Maker Faire 2018 Show Volunteer Schedule
This will be added closer to the show date.
Arrival Information for MakerFaire Volunteers
The point of contact is Jarrod
The show is held at the San Mateo Event Center
MakerFaire has information on transit and shuttle options here: http://makerfaire.com/bay-area/getting-to-maker-faire/
On Thursday we will enter through the east load in point. Note: These maps are from the 2017 show, but we very likely be the same for 2018.
If the show is setup like past shows, all other days, exhibitors have two entrances, separate from the East and West general admission gates. One is usually North of the west gate and another North of the east gate. I will usually meet you in front of one of these to give you your ticket to the event. If I haven't sent you your ticket before you arrive, please call me when you get to the gate and I will meet you outside of it. Please arrive early on show days, since it gets difficult to get away from the booth when the show starts.
If you are volunteering and are driving to the event. Please contact Jarrod and I can send you a parking pass for the yates parking lot, for exhibitors. Here is the map: