Herein lies the Noisebridge Manual. It is an ever-changing tome that strives to answer an unanswerable question: How the heck does Noisebridge really work?
This is not general advice for fixing things. If something at Noisebridge isn't working and it needs fixing, then check out Help.
 The Prologue
Are you new to Noisebridge? Have you been coming here for years?
Either way, you should really read up on what we're all about. Lots of this stuff is the basis for what we do.
- Noisebridge Vision - What's it all about?
- About - An incredibly broad description of some of our more grandiose mechanisms
- Testimonials - In your own words, what is Noisebridge?
- Oral histories about Noisebridge
 Visitors and Guests
- Getting Here - How to actually find the space...
- Getting In - And what to do when you arrive
- Visitor advice - Some advice on what you're getting into
- Community Standards - What we expect from each other
- The Neighborhood - What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
- Docents - What it means to greet a newbie at the space
 Getting along
- Do-ocracy - One of our guiding principles
- Consensus Process - How decisions are made within the community
- Membership - How membership works at Noisebridge
- How to join Noisebridge - Another view on how membership works
- FractalWorkingGroup - Our pattern for getting things done without dragging it to the Tuesday Meeting
- Community Standards - How to not fuck up at Noisebridge
- CommunityWorkingGroup - Bringing the Noisebridge community together to create a better space for all.
- Conflict Resolution - What to do when we don't get along.
- Mediation - People within the community who have offered their time, tears, and sweat to keep us all together.
 Staying in touch
- IRC - Its full of bad jokes and robots that go quack
- Slack - IRC on steroids. Invite only.
- Mailing list - A lot of e-mails and stuff. They've got a trove of historical archives!
 Day to Day operations
- Secretariat - The really important things that keep us legal
- Safety - Preventing those old school hardhat accidents.
- House keeping - Weekly chores and other vitals
- Access Control - Discussion about how physical access is handled
- Meeting - Noisebridge meets every Tuesday evening
- Hosting an Event
- Stickers - The ubiquitous stickers and how to restock our supply
- Opening and closing the space
- Finances - The one social construct we're still party to
- Resources - An overview of the resources, equipment and projects in the space
- Network - Our IP transmission infrastructure (Internet Protocol here of course; not Intellectual Property!)
- Break Room
 Inner Mechanizations
 Things we do
- 83c - Noisebridge's first location
- FloorFinishing - How our floor was finished in 2009
- Category:History of Noisebridge
- Noisebridge Experiments
|This document is part of the Noisebridge Manual|
|Infrastructure - Things we do - The Prologue - Getting along - Day to Day operations - Staying in touch - Lore - Inner Mechanizations - Visitors and Guests|
|View or edit this template|
|This page is maintained by the Documentation Working Group.
If technical writing is your thing, you should consider helping out by editing this page!
|Document ALL The Things!|
|YES, ALL THE THINGS|