Meeting August 04 2020

From Noisebridge
Jump to: navigation, search

Manual | Visitors | Participation | Community Standards | Channels | Operations | Edit

Participation | Excellence | Do-ocracy | Consensus | Joining | Meetings | Events | Edit

Meetings | Template | Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Edit

These are the notes from the The 589th Meeting of Noisebridge. Zoom broken? (fake/old news)

help take notes at - https://pad.riseup.net/p/nbmeeting

video meeting on zoom at - https://zoom.us/j/972291454

  • Date: August 04, 2020
  • Note-taker: Rikke
  • Pre-Meeting Moderator: Pyconaut
  • Moderators: Pyconaut

Meeting Summary[edit]

FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary. TLDR what happened at the meeting:

  • Announcements:
    • Circuit Hacking Mondays on Mondays
    • Neurotechx SF
    • Noisebridge Discord server is live
    • pyconaut streaming 3D model(ing) of the new space on Tuesdays at 7PM on Discord
    • 272 Capp St deposit is paid (yay!)
  • Finances:
    • $219,618.67 cash
    • 68,938.90 crypto
  • New philanthropists: nope
  • New members: nope
  • Consensus Items: nope
  • Discussion Items:
    • Summary of Rikke's convo w/ David Keenan re: accessibility in the new space
    • Meeting time for Fundraising Guild?
    • New Tuesday pre-meeting at 7pm for live streaming new space 3D model(s) on Discord

Pre-meeting[edit]

Nothing new to report. All the usual boilerplate stuff.

Main meeting[edit]

Introductions[edit]

Pyconaut (Ryan)- He him- Doing discord, VR, 3D modeling the new noisebridge, neurotech, and fixing my house lxpk- help w/ various Guilds, primarily Gamebridge and VR, currently working heavily on accessibility stuff and 3D model Iceaax (Aaron) He/Him: robotics and game dev; your future anarchist president Rikke - she/her; long-time lurker brought into the light by Contagion, working on accessibility stuff Mark - game dev stuff and Guild stuff, can find them as @Mark on Discuss or @Arity on Discord Tiffany - she/her, front end web dev stuff and sewing Romy, fan of Noisebridge, hardware and software (?) stuff x - facilitating notes scrolling from couch Dan - neurohacker teaching chickens hown to sing (starting the band Insane Chicken Posse)


Short announcements and events[edit]

60-second description per item in bulletpoint. Circuit Hacking Monday is on Mondays (shocking!)

Neurotechx SF hack nights every Thursday at 6 https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF/

Rikke: Deposit on 272 Capp St. has been paid, currently awaiting keys (yay!)


Pyconaut: If you haven't joined the new Noisebridge Discord server, do it now! https://discord.gg/tddK6NZ (this link will only work for the first 100 people to click it - we'll send out another one if/when needed)


Pyconaut is doing live (Discord) streaming of the Noisebridge 3D model (new space) - no consistent time (yet) but will announce on Slack / Discuss / Discord once they figure out the timing - it's been going pretty well, they're figuring out how to use the Blender Render to do lights n stuff, it's fun come watch and bring oyur own music


New Philanthropists[edit]

none

New Members[edit]

none

Financial Report[edit]

Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.

as of 7/29/2020 cash- 245,508.67 crypto-68,938.90 total-314,447.57 cash78.08% crypto-21.92%

but subtract 27k from cash balance for 272 capp street checks (sent in on the 7/30/2020) $9,000.00 for 1st month rent. $18,000.00 for Security Deposit

last cash collection from 2169 on 7/30/2020 1,110.00 dollars

which means new cash balance should be $219,618.67 cash holding.


  • Noisetor is not currently up.
  • Any other details by those participating in handling our financials

from tyler on discuss " Mailed out some heckin big checks today. $9,000.00 for 1st month rent. $18,000.00 for Security Deposit Will get key access sometime next week. So I guess this 10 year lease is officially started when those get deposited. Woo! "


Fundraising Update[edit]

How's it all going Pyconaut: Have not has a fundraising guild mtg yet, need to find a good time slot; pyconaut has been looking aorund at diff grants and possible events that we can host virtually - thinks a couple good options could be 1) fundraising ver of 5MoF, 2) bring back Hackomedy (?), 3) try to do some project fundraising for new space w/ focused goals like ADA, elevator, new internet and hardware for buildout (routers, servers, etc)

Need more people to join in the effort - https://discuss.noisebridge.info/c/guilds/fundraising/21 also on slack


GuildMaster's Report[edit]

What is the current state of structural organization at Noisebridge?

  • What guilds are active? (Read the active guilds from Guilds wiki page)
    • (For each guild mentioned, ask if guild rep is present for a brief status update)
  • Would you like to join or start a guild? Checkout our guidelines or contact MetaGuild for help.

Mark (pls read if not present): We had a guild philosophy meeting on Thursday. notes and prompt for further discussion can be found here: https://discuss.noisebridge.info/t/meeting-notes-for-guilds-meeting-7-30-20/1975/3 Mostly talked about Discuss forum, talked about how to manage conversations in general, talked about email servers which is an interesting managerial problem to solve


lxpk: Had the first Accessibility Guild mtg Friday two weeks ago, will continue to have those regurlarly on Fridays at 6PM on Discord

Any other guilds/groups have an update to report?

Consensus[edit]

Proposals from last week [edit]

(Add any items which are consensed upon or someone has raised a principle objection for to the Consensus Items History page.)

none

Proposals for next week [edit]

(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)

none

Discussion[edit]

1) Rikke: Talked to david kenan about ada stuff 2) pyconaut: NB Fundraising Guild metting time 3) pyconaut: 3D modeling time for The New NB, wants to share so ppl can work together

Discussion Item 1[edit]

David kenan ada discussion

We discussed 3 key itens 1 the CASp inspection ()w 2 Basic ada compilance 3 physical improvaments for the space


first david outlinedd that the reason to get a CASp inspection is to make persciption that will allow for upgrades that if done corectly will portect us from litigation about ADA

if we dont make all of the perscroiptions we could become liable for not folloing the recomendations.

he says we should do it before we move in, partly because when we move in we might cause changes thhat would require new requirements.

Kim Blackseth is the recommended person (he did Omni) was about 4k this will be expidited by having archatectural floor plans. Also make sure to have upgrade drawings ready as well

it does not need to be notoarised or certified floor plans, they just need to be accurate to scale, for doors and the like.

David is getting a quote for a inclined stair lift vs a verticle elevator

it would be hard to install a full ada compliant stairlift or elevator.

come join us on friday

start clearing the differetn bars for ADA, first floor is most importaint, then worry about the second floor

wide enough doors, ADA bathroom, make sure anything that could be hosted upstairs can be hosted downstairs if need be.

LXPK - sound resonable, we can discuss more on friday


Discussion Item 2[edit]

Pyconaut: fundraising guild meeting time (planning) - previous meeting was the hour before Tuesday general meeting (so 7pm), but we might want to change that? some specific ppl we want to have involved (e.g. Tyler), so need to find time that works for them

Pyconaut was one of the ppl involved in the previous fundraising group, so want to join to share knowledge from past efforts, is free most evenings (except tuesdays and thusdays and the friday ADA guild time)

lxpk will attend whenever they can

Pyconaut will make a Google form for ppl to sign up the fundraising effort; anyone is free to join, it is pretty involved, you *will* have work to do outside of the mtgs, will hold ppl accountable

During the first mtg, pyconaut will try to share knowledge from past meetings, others should share what they've learned in or out of NB

Aaron may be interested in joining?

Pyconaut will send out something in the next couple of days re: meeting

Questions? (crickets)

Discussion Item 3[edit]

Both lxpk and pyconaut are working on 3D models; will probably need to rework once X has done accurate plan drawings; the plans we have so far are not all that accurate, but accurate enough to come up w/ designs for the new space

pyconaut's model is mostly the building, incl. ADA features; didn't have exact metrics, so over-estimated some things - needs input from others

lxpk suggests Tuesday pre-meeting, 3D modeling session should start no later than 7pm, pyconaut might start closer to 6pm since he likes to model for long periods - several ppl can simul-stream, so can watch multiple ppl working on their models at once

will also have models for ppl to dl and mod, will link in Slack / Discuss / Discord - lxpk has already shared their model

Time for a new SimBridge (!) - maybe this should live under VR Guild - lxpk's new model will also include the old one, since their old model already incl. the 272 Capp building as part of the external context

discuss link to discussion (links to project files will be shared soon) https://discuss.noisebridge.info/t/simbridge-simulated-noisebridge/1984

Mark: We should look into version control solution so we can all collaborate and share ideas in the new model, asynchronously. Different versions of the model should exist, but all accessible via a singular repository of some sort. https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/7378/diff-and-version-manage-blender-work

End of Meeting[edit]

11 ppl in attendance by the end of the meeting at 9:09