Meeting Notes 2008 01 22
Roughly 10-12 people showed up for the meeting. Not everyone showed up at the same time, so we did not go through a formal agenda. Instead, we discussed the following topics at various points during the night. Please edit to add anything DavidMolnar left out:
- Insurance update
- David Molnar reported on calling insurance agents. Two agents have promised to call back on 23/01/08 with more information and possibly a quote. We need a 1-paragraph description of what Noisebridge does, see InsuranceQuestions. David also provided the wiki link because one of the agents needed to see a web site for any new business. We will find out soon if this was a mistake. - David reported that one of the insurance agents wanted to know what kind of "electronics assembly" projects we might do; David gave as an example the mind alteration device with LED flashing lights. The insurance agent thought it was interesting. - Several other agents have been messaged and should get back to David soon. - We said that for now, we do not plan to do anything in the space that might be extraordinarily dangerous
- Basement 9th and Mission update
- Landlord has not called back yet.
- Marc made food, and we ordered indian pizza
- Yum! Mugwort soba, brazillian fruit sorbet, other fun stuff.
- New people showed up
- We saw several people who had not made it to a Noisebridge meeting before. Welcome!
- Hacker space discussion
- We talked about other spaces in the US that are hacker or art spaces - Public n3rd Area, Mission counterPULSE, NIMBY, etc. - We talked about what we want to see from Noisebridge that is different from current groups - Specifically, counterPULSE rents hourly space and isn't good for long-term projects, SF Microcontroller group does not have a space, NIMBY is more of a space rental and less of a community, etc.