Meeting Notes 2009 03 31
- 1 Agenda Items
- 2 Notetaking
- 2.1 Reading of the names
- 2.2 what noisebridge is about (address Wired article)
- 2.3 regular events
- 2.4 treasurer's report
- 2.5 selling drinks for profit at NB?
- 2.6 membership hiatus?
- 2.7 affiliate membership
- 2.8 five minutes of fame
- 2.9 maker faire coming up
- 2.10 hacking at random early bird closes tomorrow, toorcamp coming up
- 2.11 digital forensics
- 2.12 diy bio
- 2.13 jake hacks the member process and pushed slim up for nomination
- 2.14 concern over safety
- 2.15 pending membership for Mikolaj H.
- What Noisebridge is about.
- Regular Happenings
- Go on Sunday 3pm
- Treasurer's report
- Selling drinks at a profit to fund Noisebridge?
- Membership hiatus? For cases when members may be out of town or out of work for a long while?
- Introduction of Noisebridge Affiliate "Membership" status
- Five Minutes of Fame coming up on April 16th
- Maker Faire - also, the NB page to express your interest: Maker Faire 2009
- Lets go camping!
- DC3 Forensics Challenge
- First aid and CPR class
- DIYBio - lynching?
- Use fridge for target practice for shooting?
- Concern about hazardous materials in the space.
- Safety review procedures / review process
- Bringing in things that don't fit on your shelf
- read membership folder names
Reading of the names
6 people up for membership
- david kelso
- paul boem
- daniel packer
- devon sean mcculloh
- san mehat
all members approved
what noisebridge is about (address Wired article)
gsm hacking thursday science huddle someone put something on the wiki about learning arabic languages go on sundays
we have $9126 in the bank at the end of the month (after rent and expenses for april) three months of operating expenses discussion on finances for expanding potential venue hunting for new places (closed down shop space) friend of enki's renting a warehouse for $4500/month some interest in moving to 83a (negotiations with landlord?) during the meeting, raised $5k off donations increased operating expenses and monthly requirements for a new space? discuss soon jake and andy will talk to the landlord about getting 83a for less than $2k/month ideally, we could convince people upstairs to move them next door, then we take two adjacent spaces andy: been scoping other spaces in the mission
selling drinks for profit at NB?
set up an electronic system to track? suggestions from university acm experience last set of drinks turned a 3x profit one problem: people needing to police the drinks need to advertise more so we don't have to police club mate! rpw is doing negotiations with company to import club mate someone needs to organize cost/distribution stuff use empty beer bottles to make our own root beer and soda
people leaving for months at a time and not paying dues question of what hiatus is show up 6pm next tuesday for discussion on membership (kicking people out, hiatus, failing to get new members because of process)
people who want to hang out here without being a member how often can you show up here and still be an affiliate member? as much as you want reasons to allow it: they believe in what they have been doing, plus jake is giving our keys out to people already exists via paypal link important difference between affiliate member paying and random stranger paying: calling themselves a member
five minutes of fame
twitter your submissions to @miloh
maker faire coming up
noisebridge will have a booth, check out wiki page
hacking at random early bird closes tomorrow, toorcamp coming up
email aestetix to join the dc3 forensics team
going to remove the fridge from noisebridge working more on posting processes to the wiki/mailing list
jake hacks the member process and pushed slim up for nomination
slim is now a member
concern over safety
if people something that looks unsafe going on, ask about it
pending membership for Mikolaj H.