Meeting Notes 2010 06 29
The 116th Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
 Introduction and Names
- Anyone new to the meeting/space should stand up and say something cool.
- What Noisebridge is about: We make stuff and so can you!
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: Approx. $9k
We still owe $1.5k to a member for buildout reimbursement. Our actual liquid assets are around $7.5k.
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
- Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169)
- Linux system administration certification study group Tue and Fri 3 PM to 6 PM (turing)
- Linux discussion group Wed 6 PM to 8 PM (turing)
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, back from Berlin and 2010 class is in session
- Programming_for_Poets Gentle introduction to Processing; most Thursdays at 8 if !(5MoF)
- Linux system administration certification study group 3 PM to 6 PM (turing)
- Shop Friday still plans to come back when the shop is done.
- Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
- Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM planning meeting this Sunday to decide
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
 Project Updates
 Consensus items
- (Up for consensus TONIGHT) Proposed consensus item: Spending freeze for all non-recurring items. This would halt any already approved expenses for build out, advertising (eg, stickers) or similar. It would not affect existing recurring expenses, such as rent, power, internet, insurance, etc.
- NEW: Funding buildout of Materials Fab isolation (doors, sound isolation) and previous build-out expenses via new donation fundraising drive.
 Discussion Items
- Creating an Assistant Treasurer position
- Learn You A Origami group
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.
Consensus item for next week:
Shall Noisebridge consense that: Noisebridge shall require consensus for any future non-monthly recurring expenses (monthly expenses are: pge, rent, water, internet, insurance[amortized to a monthly rate from the annual cost], garbage, and a $100/month facilities cost) until the time that we are cash flow positive and solvent for 3 monthes expenses.
Cash flow positive shall be defined as: The difference of the product of current monthly member member base and the monthly membership payments (calculated from the lessor of the averaged member payments from last 3 and 6 months, and the current monthly recurring expense (averaged from the greater expense of the moving 3 and 6 month average).
And have 3 months expenses(sum of monthly expenses generated from a moving average over as long a period as possible with payment histories) in the bank.