Meeting Notes 2010 10 12
The 131st Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
- Moderator: Stevie K
- Note-Taker: Nils
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
Brewing class tomorrow at 6
 Financial Report
Funds in bank:
Roughly $10k bank balance
Kelly requests for people to say what the deposits are when people deposit money to the noisebridge account
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
no one present who is up for membership
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- Iphone Dev Meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church)
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 7PM, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Tuesday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Linux System administration certification study group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
 Project Updates
Isky is working on an English paper.
Francis is putting together an intensive food program in the next couple weeks to do food hacking and workshops and food. He is looking to put together dates right now.
Mitch is going to lead an introduction to Arduino class on the 27th of October.
 Consensus items
- Blocking Sai from being a press liason.
Is a discussion item, not a consensus item.
- Stevie k proposes: Impose a 1-week on hiatus on any member being nonexcellent
Lots of drama occurs. Mitch is going to coordinate the group hug.
Mitch is ordering more shirts
 Discussion Items
- can science hackday have a meetup on oct 23rd (at nb)?
Yes, between 2 and 30 people expected
A movie night will be appearing on the mailing list soon.
Mitch is hosting a video series on hackerspaces, and the video people are coming tomorrow at noon to film, and then again on Friday elsewhere.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine at the northeast corner.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.