Meeting Notes 2011 02 01
About 15ish people attended this meeting, along with Al (board member), Seth (Secretary), and Kelly (Treasurer).
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
- We need a VGA cables.
- The elevator call buzzer now installed in the space for the elevator. It is very loud. If you hear it, it means that someone is trying to call the elevator from the first floor,
- Grey is donating a Kinect (with the intention that it should be used for cool stuff, not xbox games.) It is hackable without having to physically break it open.
- Al will email Zedd about whether the disherwasher will work. There is a wiki page for it, so if you know how to hook it up to the faucet, please write down instructions: http://nburl.net/dishwasher
- Claudia Z. was made a member.
- In the membership binder: Max A., Jared, Will S., Glen W., Sam P., Josh M., Alex P., Philip G., Techra
Funds in bank: $16,765.14 Dues for January: $3,400 (expected: about $3,000) Donations for January: $1,290
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions.
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 6:30PM, A. Turing) Working On Django now.
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Tuesday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Ruby_class (Tuesdays, 7.00pm, A. Church) - Covering databases for the next few weeks.
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Linux_System_Administration_Study_Group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge buildout days.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
- Should we buy stickers? (Mitch will have details on cost, etc.)
- pay a cleaning service to clean the bathrooms?
- adi got a quote from Santos Cleaning for $150/mo to clean both bathrooms once a week (Sunday noon-ish).
- pay for the PO box on Market St? $240 for 12 months. The address is 2261 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 #235A
The PO box place's phone number is 415-626-2575. It costs us $20 a month. This place also accepts UPS packages and is cool with it sitting around for a while waiting to be picked up. Seth will contact the state and our insurance company with our updated info.
- Mitch brings up that we're out of stickers. 2000 red stickers, 1000 white, and 500 little red cost us $700 before. JackPrint is the company we used, and they do a good job. Miloh and Josh recommended another place that was cheaper. Mitch says he'll look into it. This will be a consensus item next week.
- What do we do with hiatus members who are incommunicado? The decision we made a long time ago was that if they were on hiatus but did not tell anyone, then after 3 months of not paying dues they were no longer a member. (This was an official consensus item made at some point in the past.)
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.