Meeting Notes 2011 02 22
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Will is doing a weekly trash shift every Sunday 3PM. So leave stuff with a date on it in the trash room. Stuff with that date on or earlier will be removed. Please make the date some reasonable time in the future if there's any doubt about whether it should be trashed.
Vending machine is giving a donation of $100 of purest profit.
Funds in bank: $18,216.54
Peeps were read.
Will is now a member of noisebridge!
What's Going On at Noisebridge
Proposal for consensus: Bar Patrick Keys (CitizenKeys) from entering the space and participating in the community indefinitely.
(There was much discussion on this topic, but out of official Meeting: the main discussion will take place next Tuesday).
- Fire safety at Noisebridge.
Let's keep the pathway marked with yellow tape open. Let's open up the middle stairwell. Let's encourage people not to get down the bottom stairwell. Let's get people to clear up sawdust. Let's not set fire to things with the laser cutter.
Al wants to start a sub-committee, who wants to join him.
aestetix asks is there a CPR meeting, with certification? That would be good.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.