Meeting Notes 2011 10 25
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
- Leif announced about occupy SF tent.
- Ben announced about using cable raceways to run ethernet from Pen Island (aka the storage room or wall of tubes room).
- Miloh and Mike re-purposed one of the extra enlargers from the darkroom to use as a soldering microscope and it's super awesome. They will use one more for this purpose (Kelly says the darkroom needs only 2 at this point).
New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space? Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
Funds in bank: $20,002.31, just paid rent, so this is our low point. Doing fine.
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Alex Peake wants to broaden the hack politics night to be every Sunday and provide active assistance to Occupy SF people. People are supportive of this. There are some updates about the movement in general. It is pointed out that it would be useful to call this night an "Occupy Strategy Meeting" or "Noisebridge Occupy" so as to differentiate it from habitual occupation of Noisebridge in the sleeping sense, which is discouraged. There may or may not be a mailing list for this. There is apparently a mailing list for some specific occupy-related projects.
- Will sent an email to the list about having a Climate discussion meeting on Nov 13th or the following Thursday. Discussing arctic stuff and climate change. Contact Will to get involved.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.