Meeting Notes 2012 03 20
 Introduction and Names
- Jordan - new here
- Super Q - hates us all
- Oliver - checking us out
- Nick - his first meeting, likes freebsd
- Carl - perl hacker
- Casey - he hates spam
- Christopher - leads spacebridge
- Rayc - creating business
- Mike - techno wanderer
- Gavin - talk about the Zine
- Brian - likes hacking on android
- Ron - trying to be a member, fights spam
- Yohab (sp?) - wants people to play jeopardy from home (looking for people with IR experience)
- Scotty - his first meeting, collects data on apps and the app store
- Weev - criminal
- Synvan (sp?) - clothes hacker
- Snail - is a snail
- Miloh - is miloh, maybe
- Kelly - neuroscience
- Florian - visiting from Germany, here til thursday
 Short Announcements
- We are planing for Makers Faire, May 19-20. If you would like to help out with the booth or show any of your projects, please visit the Maker_Faire_2012 wiki page. - Christopher
- The kitchen was turned on! This is cool.
 New or Stale Events
Thinking of starting weekly meeting with Zephyr, assembly demos
Ronald Catani - three sponsors! has two checks
Carlos - sponsors sponsors sponsors! might be a sleeper troll (he does enjoy perl after all) has three checks
Casey "suck it rms" C - four checks!
Harold - noshow Daniel - noshow Cowlicks (???) - noshow Blake Griffith - noshow - nosponsors
Casey "suck it rms" C is up for consensus!
Consensed that Casey is a member!
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank: $19,233.04
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $2778.45 earmarked NoiseTor funds
- Colo service has been paid through Apr 7, 2012
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 3 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue Mar 20 14:30:03 2012
- Treasurer Would like volunteers to help add more payment options than paypal.
- Would like to spend money on authorize.net, will edit this page after meeting
 Consensus items
Considering fiscal sponsorship of Zine. - would allow donations to Zine to be tax-deductible - kelly, would block if they want thier own account, otherwise likes idea. - gavin, would only rarely need to access account anyway, so shouldn't be big burden upon kelly - kelly, wants Zine to make detailed proposal outlining what fiscal responsibility means. Suggests they make separate landing page which donations can go to, and consense at a meeting when they want to spend money - RESOLUTION: gavin, miloh, and kelly will discuss and have a more concrete proposal next week.
Wants $300 to improve electronics area. - passes! Miloh will be given the money
 Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
 Proposals for next week
Kelly (our treasuror) - wants to migrate to using invoice tracking. This way we can tell who is paid up. Freshbooks. "spend the money required to accept payments with authorize.net, not to exceed $400 followed by $80/mo" kelly will gather more details and present a more detailed proposal next week.
proposes to take sewing machines to apparel city, buy spare parts, and fix/repair them all. estimates the cost of missing parts will not exceed $60 , cost of fixing timings on two machines with broken machines is $70 each. (less than $250) - should mail sewing list and see if anybody could help fix / start a collection (traditionally NB doesn't spend money to fix things) - RESOLUTION: will go to mailing list, will not consense next week.
 Discussion Items
Nothing was discussed.