Meeting Notes 2012 04 17
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction and Names
- 1.2 Short Announcements
- 1.3 New or Stale Events
- 1.4 Membership Binder
- 1.5 Financial Report
- 1.6 Consensus items
- 1.7 Discussion Items
- 1.8 End of Meeting
Introduction and Names
- John makes laser etchings!
- Danny -- I'm typing this sentence.
- Hype -- enjoy making labels, and loves NB
- Geoff -- from crashspace working on a project with safecast , the radiation monitoring group. NB rules.
- Tim Pool -- working on a project decentralising the ability to share information!
- Chris -- clustering and data science
- Carlos -- Perl hacker!
- Rayc -- I'm building a changing station for the sewing area.
- Nick -- looking for a roommate
- Ramone -- work on Python, shellscripting
- Kayla -- lockhacking
- Monad --
- Jeremy -- mechanical engineer, making an automated pizza truck
- Kelly -- treasures, neurosciences
- Nick -- building a machine to print 3D printers out of junk plastic
- Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short!
- Any happenings at the space of which members should be made aware.
Robert and Hype are doing a bunch of work in the dirty shop. Any help is appreciated.
Kelly wants a reflow oven, and is going to buy one.
Francisco says he can't make a meeting, but he's addressing the concerns about fruitflies.
Nick is moving Lua to kernelmode.
Kelly says that the new gate costs $60, Jesse is going to be reimbursed from general funds, because our landlord is reimbursing us.
archive.org aka the Internet Archive HDD enclosure donation
Noisebridge is potentially recieving a donation of usb 3.0 hdd enclosures, new in the box, from archive.org
I'll be storing these HDD enclosures on top of the dark room and the hackershelves area. They will be available for a donation TBD (probably under $5 for a usb 3.0 SATA 3.5 inch enclosure with 12vdc swpsu and 12-5 usb3.0 supply!), the total donations recieved will be split equally between the 501c3's noisebridge.org and archive.org. Miloh 01:06, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
New or Stale Events
We went through the events, and deleted stuff we thought wasn't happening.
No new members this week.
- Funds in bank: $20299.53. We're fine.
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $2192 earmarked NoiseTor funds
- Colo service has been paid through May 7, 2012
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 2 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue Apr 17 17:00:05 2012
You may wish to invite a knowledgeable volunteer to repeat a brief primer on the consensus process.
Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
Proposals for next week
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
We took the temperature of Noisebridge. People felt things were stable and pretty good these days, but the communities was a bit scattered and didn't always know all the cool things that go on --- people don't use nb-discuss to share stuff any more.
Suggestions: a big party, a new mailing list, noisebridge university (which Jesse and Jake are working on), actually use the blog, a primary reduction party.
Kelly agrees to set up noisebridgefuckyeah.tumblr.com
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.