Meeting Notes 2012 10 30
- We decided not to buy the gorilla shelves out of Noisebridge funds.
- Note that there are two "Tom"s in this meeting.
 Announcements & Events
- Daniella: is taking a month's break from french. She also needs a secretary/PR person for the french class.
- RYC: E-waste has been removed!
- Quinn: will be talking about Noisebridge in the context of do-ocracy
- Krutcher: wants to leveradge fast JS for meta-heuristics, and wants help to hack large distributed systems.
- John: the neuro cabal meets Mondays at 7. Be there or be neurotypical
- Andreas: wants to teach a business class to be announced soon; get in touch with him
- Andrew Burns: Week 2
- Sponsor: Danny O'Brien
- Sponsor: John Withers
 Financial Report
- Funds in bank: 17999.26
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
 Consensus items
- Proposal from Martin: Noisebridge should purchase Gorilla Racks replacing the current selection of member shelves of the same approximate dimensions. This is estimated at approximately $1200-$1800. http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/storage/shelving/boltless/Gorilla-Rack-Shelving
- Some folks support these shelves, but many folks do not think that we should spend Noisebridge finds.
- RAYC suggests that he may be able to cover this with a private collection
- This measure is not the consensus of Noisebridge.
- Proposal from Tom : Noisebridge renews its lease on the 2169 Mission space, increasing our rent from $3600 to $3960.
 Discussion Items
- Shelf organization: Tom proposes a shelf organization scheme with a database, filing, and paperwork. Tom volunteers one hour a week to maintian this. Others are skeptical; and suggest coordination with Jake, those who propose champion the gorilla shelves, and other stakeholders.
The following people introduced themselves:
- John is our first victim
- Mike is not a quartermaster or a stock-clerk, or a bus-man
- Tom is not a member; does a lot of costuming and working on a small business painting
- Sean has been hacking on an OLPC
- Tom is typing this sentence
- Krutcher likes systems
- Zephyr is here
- Daniella teaches french
- Aleecia loves pseudonyms and is not a member. Aleecia does privacy
- Quinn studies and hacks on do-ocratic social structures
- Snail probably couldn't moderate to save her life
- Christopher Altman is building a quantum network