Meeting Notes 2013 07 02
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
Don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.
These are the notes from the The 272nd Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: JC; Moderator: Danny.
Explanation of how the meeting works.
Hat of doom points to someone to explain Noisebridge.
Everything is up for change, in legal terms were a 501c3, exist thru and depend on donations, be excellent to each other.
99% of things are done thru, do-ocracy or sudo-leadership: just do it, ignore the little voices in your head. The other pillar of Noisebridge is process, for when we have to decide on something for the whole community.
Explanation of consensus.
Shiatsu moderation technique and attempt to get these things done quickly/soon.
Short announcements and events
- 1st Friday and sudo room
- RockIT http://www.rockitcolabs.com/hackers-invite
- Board meet and believes did legal requirements
- Thursday Rev Mik will be throwing all food with garbage
- We Steal Secrets WikiLeaks Documentary Movie Screening Roxie 8:45p tonight
- August 10th Shindig Here, 10 Year TPB Anniversary (Talk to James)
- Wednesday 21st of July Johny Radio build night
- Rebase meeting discussed kitchen and made progress https://noisebridge.net/wiki/RebaseMeeting07022013
- Video Project for NoiseJam, talk to Johny
Review of events...
- Lit crawl event? Almost certainly happening.
- This week Post Waste moved meeting, will update wiki
- MSP Group? Looks dead, april last event
- Tahoe, not really happening
Tom gives a detailed overview of the membership process.
- Wayde Amesbury - 3rd Week
- Vincent Smith - 4th Week (not present)
- Richard Bottoms - 4th Week
- Several others who have been read off a bunch
- J.C. & James paperwork submitted
- Funds in bank: $36,851.83 (including Tor monies)
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary): $12Kish
- Discussion about history of keypad, and 24/7 or variable time parameters. This is about using a code to buzz someone in from upstairs, not related to using a code to let yourself in downstairs.
- Discussion about just doing this at night docraticlly, and not go thru consensus.
- Anonymous block by proxy on the table.
- Jake would like to see this consensused on when the time is right.
- Non-capital-C-consensus agreement to take the keypad out of promiscuous mode immediately, with the expectation that someone will improve Baron so that we have you need a code in the evenings and at night, but any button will open the door during the day.
- We will re-visit the issue next week.
Tony Longshanks LeTigre
- Tom proposes that Tony Longshanks LeTigre is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community.
- Suggestion that we should use different language to differentiate this from other bans (based on the possibility of redemption). Patches welcome.
- Jake would like Noisebridge to immediately pay back the landlord for the cost of Tony's escape, and not to even consider re-admiting him until he pays us back for that.
Discussion about throwing people out policy as consensus item, moved to discussion
- Clean dishes
- Use of toxic/chemicals
- Diatomaceous Earth (White Powder) for killing bugs
- Suggestion to keep food trash in kitchen bins
- Michael Clift (Occupirate)
- 10 minutes about Mike, maybe more
- Lief gives an overview of interaction w/Mike
- Discussion about letters that he may or may not have written
- 9:44pm continuing inqueizition of Mike
- 10:17pm still discussing Mike
- Discussion concluding with take your stuff and leave
- 10:28pm Discussion about Mike staying at the space
- 10:31pm Danny's weird thing, Member opinions
- 10:43pm Danny's not happy
- 10:48pm Danny is done, we hack on Arduino robots
- 10 seconds of silence observed
- Mike has until 11:30pm to come back and get his stuff, after which he agrees to leave and not come back.
- Keeping a space radically inclusive
- And the door
11:07pm MEETING CONCLUDED
"Make it so" -Danny
Singing of hacker nationale and possibly key signing.
Danny - I am indeed a member, done traveling. Monad - Fools around here, tinkers Ramon - Full stack web development Leif - Really into Firefox OS and device Liz - Comedy writer Rev Mik - Working on temples, government buildings an Justin - Collect Hobbies Alex - Teachs vid game class monday Josh - Building a meta mouse trap Norm - Writes software John - Still Alive Jake - I'm... James - Hi Martin Scott Robert - 9/11 was an inside job J.C. - Taking notes Tom - N/A Ramon - Python Naomi - Genetics, linux subverter Scotty - Big Data and Metal Chris - New Greg - Carpenter Wood Worker, digs this place Tucker - I'm w/Greg Marc - Starting East Bay WiFi Dreu - Next 48 hours app on playstore Cynthia - Natural Brain manipulation V - Community Builder Ryan - Came over from freespace Michael - Helps ppl with problems Alex - Hear to watch, listen, learn D - Bringing locks and locks picks tomorrow Ben - First time Kim - Unemployed Dana - Red Shirt (wearing green)